Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Build Advice for 1st timer

Sweet!! Thanks for the heads up.
    I do like to jump into the deep end first and usually without looking. I decided to take your advice Jedi_Loreen on also purchasing a basic build at the same time. This way I can practise soldering on the basic hilt till confident; then move onto the more complex piece. This way the duels will also be saber vs. saber instead of saber vs. bokken(that would not sit right with me). I believe this to be the final product. I moved the screw "higher" and the hilt is about the same length as the tsuka on the sword I train with so I believ it will handle perfectly.
    http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/...erblank4-1.jpg

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That looks better.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

So I believe I have the more complex wiring somewhat figured out. I made a diagram of what I think it should look like. I apologize in advance if this makes your brain hurt(either from my lack of expertise or poor presentation).
    The parts I am using are:
    2010 Hasbro Obi-Wan light saber with DVD board and swing sensor.
    Adjustable LED driver
    Add-on board for Adjustable LED Driver
    Build Your Own Seoul P4 Electronics Kit(minus the resistor and switch)
    Premium Speaker
    DPDT Latching green illuminated switch
    Green LED indicator
    I believe I am properly using the knowledge from the forum but could be incorrect. Let me know if there is anything wrong or if there is an easier way. I would like the final outcome to have the cheap Hasbro board work the speakers; while the adjustable LED and add-on board work the ramp on/off as well as the light pulsing and clashing. I think the two components could work/sense off the same original sensor out of the Obi-Wan saber; Is this true?
    http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/...ngattempt1.jpg