Thread: Having some speaker trouble

Default Having some speaker trouble

I could use some help, I have an Obi-Wan fx board but no matter what I do or what kind of speaker I use, I cannot get the sound to work...any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

please be more specific, is this board in a currently working(well was working yesterday) saber? if so is it a custom saber? or is this in an original unmodified MR/Hasbro Fx lightsaber? Does it light up and still no sound? or is it doa when power is applied?.. did you see smoke? Did you change the batteries?(no I'm not being stupid, I'm being serious) be honest that helps a lot.. and try to be over specific in detail or post pics of what you think is the issue

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Posting a picture of you wiring would help out as well. It's easy to switch two leads around and then your speaker won't work.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

And what power source, switch, LED etc you're using.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by Furrwatt View Post
    I could use some help, I have an Obi-Wan fx board but no matter what I do or what kind of speaker I use, I cannot get the sound to work...any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
    *IF* your wiring is 100% known-to-be-correct... you have the answer right there: it cannot be the speaker.

In general theory of operation / troubleshooting, if you bench test a part and it works... then try it with a device and you get nothing / doesn't work... if you then try ANOTHER one, and you STILL get the same result... it's like a 98% certainty that it is NOT that part you've just swapped out.

But again... this is based on whether or not your wiring is CORRECT for the board. Otherwise--yup--you'd get exactly that: you could try 16 different speakers of differing sizes and ohm ratings... and none of them would respond.

Wiring diagram and/or photo is definitely required here.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide