Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Chassis discs..looking for input.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xl97 View Post
    imho.. It might be better served for you to buy the threaded rods, tubing, acorn/nuts..and anything else you wanted yourself.

Going to an ace hardware or similar in your are would best, because you can see the materials up front.. You dont have to worry about lengths or shipping..

Tim doesn thave to worry about carrying a million different tubing sizes/lengths and threaded rod lengths in different materials too...etc

once you get the 'disks' you can custom mise it as you see fit.

You can cut the above things with dremel, bandsaw or even hand hacksaw.. No problems.
    qft!!!
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

I guess 8 holes disc or ring....might be.

Personally I agree with TimeRender and Jay, If the disks has around 8 holes on the perimeter that could handle whatever size holes you determine - smaller holes like 4-40 would give people more "space" to operate, plus one or two options in the center would be a big help. I also like Jay's idea of something that would incorporate the speaker mount and would secure the chassis in position. I really look forward to see what comes of this.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

I have been thinking of making the disks out of plastics of some kind. I found a plastic cylinder lying around and plan on cutting disks with different hole configurations. I am using a flat aluminium bar to span the disks. The rendering that TimeRender presented is are good configurations, they should do nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by iamdrake View Post
    How about one or two predrilled discs for some of us and blank discs for the others. This way Tim could make the predrilled in bulk so that he can fill orders faster, blanks for everyone that has the tools, and a custom service option for good measure. Then the threaded rods, tubing, and nuts that fit the threaded rods, maybe open nuts and domed nuts. (Like my technical terms there)
    I tend to like this option... would love to get some of these to play around with doing the crystal chamber setup... and this would be great to then think up ideas to simultaneously do a chassis setup...

Tim I think you should just sell the machined disk and blank rods and tubing. Like someone mentioned earlier it would be difficult to sell the rod, and tubing precut to meet everyones needs, due to the variety of hilts, and crystals..especially since alot of people use real crystals like quartz, because no two crystals are the same.

heres my design..

..and maybe tim could make a variety of diffrent designs one could mix and match for different looks.

heres the assembly

..pretty much your typical crystal chamber. I'd just like the rubber mounted crystal. It would be better for dueling because the crystal would endure less shock and would be more secure. Plus metal on crystal just does'nt sound good to me...I'd also like the LED to be mounted under the crystal to hidden by the shroud of the crystal holder.

..and here it is complete.

Just an easy simple crystal chamber that any newbie can assemble that looks good, realistic, and perfoms well like one a pro sabersmith would make. Well thats my 2cents

Edit: sry the pics a larger than I thought.
    Last edited by Mal Rune; 12-15-2010 at 11:15 PM.
    Aurum Solis on the FXsabers forum

"There is no such thing as luck..."

To me... this thread has gone way off course... The original idea is for Tim to consider stocking aluminum 1.240 chassis discs.. My request is for them to be SOLID or if anything offer a holes service similar to powder coating with standard pattern's... If you over drill your chassis discs they quickly look as if they are from some "kit" rather than the hand or commercially produced product that would only have holes where they are needed.. This thread is NOT for Tim to make a Crystal Chamber Kit(although I'm absolutly sure its in the works), It's just for the disc's.. I say K.I.S.S. and just make the Disc's available undrilled for now and IF you want holes drilled you just have to wait for the service to be offered. My advice is DONT stock the allthread or the stock tube(even I use different size stock tubes in the same chassis so its pointless). I hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by dgdve View Post
    To me... this thread has gone way off course... The original idea is for Tim to consider stocking aluminum 1.240 chassis discs.. My request is for them to be SOLID or if anything offer a holes service similar to powder coating with standard pattern's... If you over drill your chassis discs they quickly look as if they are from some "kit" rather than the hand or commercially produced product that would only have holes where they are needed.. This thread is NOT for Tim to make a Crystal Chamber Kit(although I'm absolutly sure its in the works), It's just for the disc's.. I say K.I.S.S. and just make the Disc's available undrilled for now and IF you want holes drilled you just have to wait for the service to be offered. My advice is DONT stock the allthread or the stock tube(even I use different size stock tubes in the same chassis so its pointless). I hope this helps
    Well the thread was suggested after a couple of us posted some ideas about chassis on fxsabers. Sure he was asking just about the disc, but this seemed like a good place to put our input on what we would like to see in terms of chassis, crystal chambers etc from tcss. Everything is still pretaining to chassis, and what not. Its not like were talking about blade diffusion now...
    Aurum Solis on the FXsabers forum

"There is no such thing as luck..."

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

speaking of blade diffusion... do you think these disks could be used to play poker with?

^_^ seriously though, i'm of the mind that a nice 'kit' with varying sizes of spacing tube or pipe would be VERY nice, but i'll be happy with must blank disks and a semi-standard hole drilling service.
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other

well, it looks like Stryder has the chassis disks already in the store!
    Just wonder what size the holes are?