Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Chassis discs..looking for input.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

don't know... don't see that in the description and i don't want to venture a guess... but hopefully just big enough for an 8-32 screw. or at least for using a computer case screw. ^_^
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

IMO since this place is a 'one stop shop' I really think that some of us need the metal tubes/rods to be for sale in here, because some of us don't live in the US, and finding tubes/rods on US measurements on Europe is... Well,... hard.

But I sure love those disks we got!

(Oh and if possible those stands of the display cases should be sold alone, and maybe another little shorter, around 13" long acrylic case, since the current length might be too long for some shorter sabers.)

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

hard to find in japan too... i can get plastic rods in metric all day, but metal rods in standard are well beyond me...

and as for the cases... 2 different sizes would be nice, but not altogether necessary. one thing that i WOULD like to see is a multi-saber stand/case.

ehhh for the case to work it needs to be taller... at least tall enough for a saber and one of the most common saber stands out there... the Mr/Hfx stand. If it was it would be far more use to people who still use those stands

If you look Dave it comes with a stand

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    If you look Dave it comes with a stand
    it comes with a tiny tiny stand that lifts the saber about 3/4"(not nearly enough) imo... and the stand is soooo.. plain(sry I like shiney).. I love the MR/Hfx stand but it needs a case to complete the look.. really with that set up (yes its larger) but its only 5 walls instead of 6(since it wouldnt need the bottom) I know at least 70% of the sabers we make and near 100% of conversions all end up on back on those MR stands.. a case for that "most common" stand just seems right to me.. but I think were derailing the thread (LOL) *move us if need be pls mods

How did we move from chassis disks to saber stands?

I think Tim offers the blank disks for people who can't get imperial parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Rune View Post
    Tim I think you should just sell the machined disk and blank rods and tubing. Like someone mentioned earlier it would be difficult to sell the rod, and tubing precut to meet everyones needs, due to the variety of hilts, and crystals..especially since alot of people use real crystals like quartz, because no two crystals are the same.

heres my design..

..and maybe tim could make a variety of diffrent designs one could mix and match for different looks.

heres the assembly

..pretty much your typical crystal chamber. I'd just like the rubber mounted crystal. It would be better for dueling because the crystal would endure less shock and would be more secure. Plus metal on crystal just does'nt sound good to me...I'd also like the LED to be mounted under the crystal to hidden by the shroud of the crystal holder.

..and here it is complete.

Just an easy simple crystal chamber that any newbie can assemble that looks good, realistic, and perfoms well like one a pro sabersmith would make. Well thats my 2cents

Edit: sry the pics a larger than I thought.

looks familiar.. (good idea too!) LOL

with speaker bucket/mount
    crystal chambers/stems/holders
    (led mount if wanted)
    secureable by wither pommel disk (or speaker mount)..or heatink (BH chassis disk size)

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...471#post172471

on a side note.. I thought the blanks were for those who wanted to drill their own holes?

@ RoS: funny sig.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

Quote Originally Posted by RevengeoftheSeth View Post
    I think Tim offers the blank disks for people who can't get imperial parts.
    i like my rebel parts... ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by xl97 View Post
    @ RoS: funny sig.
    ^.^ Thanks! I hope it isn't interpretted as sarcasm, though. I really am a supporter!

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    i like my rebel parts... ^_^
    Rebel scum!

Since the speaker mount goes between the main body and pommel, and the chassis disks aren't designed to go there - I wonder if there is an easy way to attach the chassis disks to the speaker mount (either by threaded rods or directly to the smaller disk)?