Thread: Buckpuck/AV switch question

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Glad you got it figured out.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

I did. Only then did I realize that momentary switches only work as latching switches with the right driver board, and Tim is out of stock on all of the illuminated ring latching switches.

D'oh! and sigh...
    "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward." - The White Queen - Through the Looking Glass
    "Wherever there are three people, there must be one that can be my teacher." - Confucius - Analects (7:22)
    "Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light." - John Milton - Paradise Lost
    "People that litter their online signatures with literary quotes are just pointlessly pretentious." - Me

You can still use the switch you have if you add one of these to the circuit:
    http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/750

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Here's what I figured out on the illuminated momentary switch and the Buckpuck, however, being a neophyte, I'm not entirely sure how to incorporate the Pololu board. I'm not sure which of the connectors on the board are superfluous or if I have to use all of them.

Lightsaber Build.jpg
    "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward." - The White Queen - Through the Looking Glass
    "Wherever there are three people, there must be one that can be my teacher." - Confucius - Analects (7:22)
    "Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light." - John Milton - Paradise Lost
    "People that litter their online signatures with literary quotes are just pointlessly pretentious." - Me

Okay, I can't draw up an exact diagram, but here's one that was posted over at FX-Sabers.coms' forums: http://mandysbabies.com/pololuboard/pololuboardpuck.jpg
    Credit for the diagram goes to Zook/MH.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

You two are awesome for helping me walk through this. I'm glad that I challenged myself by going a smidge beyond the recommended first build, but I'm really glad I kept it to some very simple additions and didn't add a ton of accent LEDs, etc. Here's the final draft. Again, thanks, you two.

Lightsaber Build.jpg

What you have there will work, but the led in the switch will be on all the time. If you don't want that, move it to the one of the Vout and GND pads on the pololu board.