Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Hasbro soundboard help

Default 2010 Hasbro soundboard help

P4+Hasbro 2010 Obi-wan board needs what? Thanks for the info. I don't really care for the flash effect so I didn't know if I needed anything else or not.

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

if you want to bypass the flashing, run everything from a latching switch, powering your P4 and your Obi board separately. then run a mom switch to the Obi board to turn it on and off. as for the now unused LED output of the Obi board, you can hook it up to a low power pager motor or an accent LED or something else low powered...

i know Rhyen will throw a fit about this setup, but it's the one i've come to like. ^_^ it's a bit like a stunt setup with optional sound/vibe.
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...w-DVD-Tutorial

This should answer all your questions.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

you know, that thread is miss labeled. the DVD that came with it, isn't a tutorial. its just a bunch of light saber battles.

but i recently wired a p4 to a 2010 hasbro. 6v bat ran threw thew board with a tip42g transistor. works great.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

first of all use that thread that Cardcollector linked you to. On the firs page is wiring diagrams. To me the second one is a little more user friendly. My new favorite set up with these boards is to use a single 3.7V Li-Ion battery, P4 Leds, 2010 econoboard of course and any momentary switch. I was able to get a super bright and even Red blade using this set up. There is really no need for 2 Li-Ions unless you wire them in parallel to get the extra runtime. I also use a recharge port with this set up. I did not use a resistor either. but please check your voltage between the transistor collector and the battery - to determine if you need a resistor or not.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    you know, that thread is miss labeled. the DVD that came with it, isn't a tutorial. its just a bunch of light saber battles.

great.
    Dunno if you are just jerkin' my tail or not... I meant it to mean the lightsaber that comes with the DVD- I'm giving you a tutorial.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyen Skytracker View Post
    ...My new favorite set up with these boards is to use a single 3.7V Li-Ion battery, P4 Leds, 2010 econoboard of course and any momentary switch. I was able to get a super bright and even Red blade using this set up. There is really no need for 2 Li-Ions unless you wire them in parallel to get the extra runtime. I also use a recharge port with this set up. I did not use a resistor either. but please check your voltage between the transistor collector and the battery - to determine if you need a resistor or not.
    Rhyen, that's the EXACT setup I've decided to use after scouring the forum for days. Is this still the setup of choice for you? (It has been a year since you posted that) Also, where do you purchase your 3.7V Li-Ion battery? The ones in TCSS are not available. I'm assuming it has to be protected, right? Thanks for any tips you might have!

BTW, I'll be using the 2010 Obi-Wan econo board...
    Last edited by jvidamins; 11-27-2011 at 08:11 PM.

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

RIPthreadfromthedead1.gif "Rise Lord Dead Thread"

Quote Originally Posted by Loachri MacTalabh View Post
    RIPthreadfromthedead1.gif "Rise Lord Dead Thread"
    That's what you want us noobs to do right - read and respond to topics already covered in old threads and not create new ones? Just trying to do it right. Rise indeed!

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jvidamins View Post
    That's what you want us noobs to do right - read and respond to topics already covered in old threads and not create new ones? Just trying to do it right. Rise indeed!
    Not going to get on you too much; but please refer to the Forum Guidelines.

The part in question is;

Thread Reviving
    It's going to be simple...

IF... you come across an "older" thread (older meaning--maybe it's 2-6 months old or more)... and...

IF... you find the information in that "older" thread useful...

AND... you have something new/useful/helpful/on-topic (and YOU KNOW DARN WELL what "useful & on-topic" means) to contribute...

THEN... it's OK TO POST.

However...

IF... you have nothing useful & on-topic to add...
    ... (and YOU KNOW DARN WELL what "useful & on-topic" means)

THEN LEAVE THE BLOODY THREAD ALONE.

NO EXCEPTIONS