Thread: My First Saber Concept

Default My First Saber Concept

Hello, I am working on my first saber and got the concept art, so I figured I would post it for opinions. The actual saber itself is done, I am just working on the shrouds for it and and cutting the crystal chamber, but I am having trouble finding brass tubing to use for the part to put on the shroud, so if anyone knows of any websites where i could get some I would be grateful.

Last edited by Keladis; 11-17-2010 at 02:37 AM.

What some people have done in the past for brass tubes is to sand the chrome off of a regular sink tube, it's a lot cheaper then buying a brass sinktube. Also very cool looking design you got there

looks pretty good!

Thanks Elbe121 I will have to do that.

and thank I thought it was a pretty cool design. I'll post some pic as I get it done.

Sanding off sinktube can be labour intensive. Most big hardware stores in North America carry it. I found brass sinktube from 8$ - 20$ roughly depending on length. Nice design. I like the colours and straight lines in the side angle view better then the top view. Then again if the design looks decent, it usually looks much better when finished then in a 2D render.

Youngling

I seen the other day at home depot, they have brass TV antena extensions. They are 48" x 1.25" for 12.00

Just a suggestion, there near the mail boxes.

Nice design. Maybe cause I've been geeking out for the new Tron Legacy movie, but this looks kinda tron-ish to me.

And another suggestion - I've had really good results so far with powdercoating in gold and copper over the sink tube overlays.

-C
    LOCKHEED

Nice render/design. Looking forward to seeing it completed. Good luck.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I just got to wait to get some of the tools I will need and then I will start to work on it and post pictures of it.

Also Happy thanksgiving everyone.