Thread: New Forum Update.. Let me hear it...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Default New Forum Update.. Let me hear it...

This is the place to post issues with the new setup and I will correct them as I find time, if I think they are necessary. Also someone please try out VBulletins new Iphone app and let me know how it works http://itunes.apple.com/app/vbulleti...401734344?mt=8
    Supposedly there will be a Android one in the near future.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

All seems ok so far...aside from the occasional invisible text...and the fact that every saber site seems to be black now....I sense an imbalance in the force..lol

There are some color/ eyeball bleed issues, but looks/works well.
    "Practice, the master of all things." -Augustus Octavius

Darth Xusia, the ability to change the text color is already in place. It's in your profile settings.
    Last edited by Doc B; 11-22-2010 at 12:34 PM.
    "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward." - The White Queen - Through the Looking Glass
    "Wherever there are three people, there must be one that can be my teacher." - Confucius - Analects (7:22)
    "Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light." - John Milton - Paradise Lost
    "People that litter their online signatures with literary quotes are just pointlessly pretentious." - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Doc B View Post
    Darth Xusia, the ability to change the text color is already in place. It's in your profile settings.
    Huh? ? ? You lost me. I never said anything about text color, only the background color.

I personally liked the old color scheme. Blues and greys. Easier on the eyes to me.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

Sigh...

So you did. My mistake. But I would have been right on, had you said what I though you had said.
    "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward." - The White Queen - Through the Looking Glass
    "Wherever there are three people, there must be one that can be my teacher." - Confucius - Analects (7:22)
    "Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light." - John Milton - Paradise Lost
    "People that litter their online signatures with literary quotes are just pointlessly pretentious." - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    All seems ok so far...aside from the occasional invisible text...and the fact that every saber site seems to be black now....I sense an imbalance in the force..lol
    Yeah, the option to change the background would be cool, if thats not in the works already.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The iphone app works great, only for the Vbulletin forum though...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

The only issue I can see is that the posts themself have a black background and blend in with the main website background. The gray/green background would be much more asthetically pleasing for the background for posts, and it would make the posts much more readable, resulting in less contrast (black background with white text causes eye strain).

There are actually two shades of black, a light blue, dark gray, white, and gunmetal teal at work here.

My only complaint is the total lack of contrast on the formatting controls.