Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Forum Update.. Let me hear it...

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Default New Forum Update.. Let me hear it...

This is the place to post issues with the new setup and I will correct them as I find time, if I think they are necessary. Also someone please try out VBulletins new Iphone app and let me know how it works http://itunes.apple.com/app/vbulleti...401734344?mt=8
    Supposedly there will be a Android one in the near future.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

All seems ok so far...aside from the occasional invisible text...and the fact that every saber site seems to be black now....I sense an imbalance in the force..lol

There are some color/ eyeball bleed issues, but looks/works well.
    "Practice, the master of all things." -Augustus Octavius

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    All seems ok so far...aside from the occasional invisible text...and the fact that every saber site seems to be black now....I sense an imbalance in the force..lol
    Yeah, the option to change the background would be cool, if thats not in the works already.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The iphone app works great, only for the Vbulletin forum though...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

The only issue I can see is that the posts themself have a black background and blend in with the main website background. The gray/green background would be much more asthetically pleasing for the background for posts, and it would make the posts much more readable, resulting in less contrast (black background with white text causes eye strain).

There are actually two shades of black, a light blue, dark gray, white, and gunmetal teal at work here.

My only complaint is the total lack of contrast on the formatting controls.

Cadrcollector.. Do you mean that it works fine to view these forums here, just not our store?

Revengeofthesith.. The color behind this text is actually lighter than black and I am sure I can easily adjust it to be even lighter if that is what everyone would prefer.

KuroChou.. Are you referring to the edit post, reply, etc buttons? I coudl change that text color easily enough I am sure. Red?
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    The color behind this text is actually lighter than black and I am sure I can easily adjust it to be even lighter if that is what everyone would prefer.
    My $.02 worth - a bit more contrast would be nice, if find it hard see some of the text and "reply to this" and other features (guess my 40 year old eyes are more gone then I thought)

Also - for Android users, Tapatalk is supposed to work good for forums including vbulletin
    Yub Yub Commander.

I will adjust the colors that have been mentioned.

Tapatalk is a mod make by a different company and seems to have mixed reviews. The Iphone one I linked is put out by Vbulletin (as far as I can tell) and probably works much better. I am going to wait a bit and see if they come out with a Android one.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop