Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: P4 - 2010 wiring check

ohh... AAA's. Yeah, we all learn once in a while. At least have rechargables if you are going to use AAA's.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

well i bought rechargible Ni-mh 850mah aaa and i put them in the saber and it just made wired beeps and everytime i went to turn it on, it would flash and then beep again. i havnt put them in a charger yet, but do they not come charged?

Rule of thumb is to charge the cells before putting them in anything, just in case

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

yeah, ill just pick up a changer from the shack later and get those charged.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Most all electronics you get these days that use rechargable batteries like cell phones, MP3 players, etc..... always say to charge the device before use. You should be fine once you get the batteries charged.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

regular NIMH have noticable self-discharge over time. As such, they are generally sold "empty". They generally have somewhat higher capacity.

The newer "low self-discharge" NIMH are advertised to hold their charge much longer when sitting on the shelf. These batteries are also often advertised as "pre-charged" at the store and generally have somewhat lower capacity.

If you bought the first type, you will need to charge them before using.
    If you bought the second type, they should have enough charge for you to get started.

AK-47s and Lightsabers, both so fun to build