Thread: Making a Clone Wars toy saber longer?

Default Making a Clone Wars toy saber longer?

Well, I'm in the process of making my little brother saber, but with my hectic schedule, I need a little something to hold him over until it's finished. I currently have the Obi Wan that I'll be scavenging the economy board out of. But he needs the blade a bit longer. I noticed that the blade segments still have about 40% more blade that isn't exposed. So, I have to ask; has anybody tried making one of these longer?

I thought about hitting the end each section with a heat gun, and pulling the next smallest segment through it, hopefully stretching the segment "mouth"?. Or, by trying the same method buy instead of the heat gun, but dipping the sections in hot water instead. Any wisdom offered is appreciated.

Thank you everybody, in advance.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Yeah, all you need to do is open the mouth of each section a little wider, either a heat gun or just prying them open by running a screwdriver around it will work.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yep, that is what I was going to suggest. Start out by cutting 1/2" off of the mouth of the sections.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Wow. These sabers are a lot more resilient than they where when i was a kid. any suggestions on how to to disassemble this bugger?
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Blog Entries

Hacksaw and a screwdriver.

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

dremel and a flathead screwdriver
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other

The writing is on the wall...

(Sorry, couldn't resist )

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

A whole lot of cursing and prying with a screwdriver.

Well good news and bad news. Good news, I was able to make it considerably longer. Bad news, the sections constricted back to their original shape under where the smaller section was pulled through, making it unable to collapse. Oh well, It'll make a good enough temporary saber for light contact dueling.