Thread: LM's latest: Défenseur

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Default LM's latest: Défenseur

Here's my latest saber. I wanted to try a new style of weathering on this hilt, similar to Eastern's Tactical weathering. All I've done so far weathering wise is a V2, so this was a fun change of pace. I also wanted to try out a solid mounted chassis, as all of mine thus far have been slide outs. I think it all turned out rather well.

Specs:
    Luxeon III Cyan Bin One (the good cyan color)
    2x Li Ion 14670s in parallel for over 2.5 hours runtime
    Custom weathered paintwork
    MR Jedi sound board
    1.3 mm hidden charge port
    Fixed chassis
    Custom cyan paint accents (my own blend of paint)

The money shot

Chassis pics.

Hidden charge port. You can have a kill key inserted without taking the entire bottom half of the saber off.

Illuminated!

This is the best representation of the actual color that I could get with my camera. All the other pics are too blue.

I hope you like it!
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Blog Entries

I do like it! Very good work.

Very cool saber. I like the combination of parts and the paint/weathering job.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

very cool and very well built! i really like the hidden recharge port. ^_^
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other

Nice
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"

Nice! Great job and two firsts as well. I notice the grit between the rings in the emitter which is a nice touch that has me scratching my head. I'm a bit confused as to how the grip sleeve stays on.

I really like the weathering tech. used. Great looking saber!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    Nice! Great job and two firsts as well. I notice the grit between the rings in the emitter which is a nice touch that has me scratching my head. I'm a bit confused as to how the grip sleeve stays on.
    1. That's not actual grit, that's the paint not going all the way in the grooves and so you're seeing a bit of aluminum. It looks cool though, so I kept it.

2. Set screw. To make it invisible, I put it on the inside of the hilt and it pushes outwards on the grip sleeve. Just like a blade in a blade holder, only in reverse.

Thanks for the compliments guys!
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

I like it. I tend to enjoy weathering like this that is not over the top and gives the saber that "well used but also cared for" look. I think you nailed that pretty well. All in all the parts work well together. I don't usually like that pommel but it really works for this design. I dig =)