Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cheap Flash on Clash?

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    Skott--e-mail me for an idea with this setup that I had for a "lockup" feature too. I think it could work.
    Will do

Quote Originally Posted by bk_renesis View Post
    Keep us updated bro.
    Hoping on recieving some transistors today, and then I can start designing and making some PCBs
    I know... I wanna get it done too

Quote Originally Posted by RevengeoftheSeth View Post
    "And let his name be recorded in the pages of History..."
    Not exactly. That should be Erv'... or wait. Who actually came up with FoC in the first place?

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    Not exactly. That should be Erv'... or wait. Who actually came up with FoC in the first place?
    George something i think... Clooney perhaps? or maybe Takei? Lucas perhaps? just guessing there... anyway, it sounds close enough to Skottsaber for me. ^_^
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other

Regarding who came up with "flash on clash" in the first place... well, it's pretty easy to say that MANY people from maybe even as far back as 2002 and so forth have *THOUGHT* about such things... and I'm just guessing on that, but... yeah, "thoughts".

However, for Balance of Power EP II, I was actually HOPING to get something nice for an effect like "FoC" DONE in actual reality--back in 2006/2007. That didn't happen, but I kept pushing for it, even though (at the time) I had no real experience with electronics/wiring/soldering/components.

While I was still pushing for such things (I was actually thinking about using xenon flash circuits/cameras because of their extremely bright flash, and even looked into super-capacitors, not to mention "LED flash"), the only real original working prototype + proof-of-concept was done by a fellow named "Eandori" (Edwin). Some of you have heard of him, some of you know him, some of you don't. Eandori once had some videos chronicling the new feature/innovation... but they have since been erased/removed (on his own accord).

Once Edwin verified this to be a good possibility, Erv simply implemented the needed changes/additions to the Crystal Focus boards to allow it as a feature. In fact, Erv, Edwin & I had been discussing this + brainstorming in great detail "behind-the-scenes" prior to the feature becoming more "normal"(?) or at least decently well-known for LED sabers.

So, it's safe to say that anyman/everyman has had an idea to make a saber flash brightly on clash (not just flicker, mind you--as that has been done since Corbin's board was made), but the triad of discussion/brainstorming of myself, Erv and Eandori plus Eandori's proof of concept + prototypes + Erv's implementation made it REALITY.

Just like (for example)... the most awesome LightWhip setup is currently because of Gravy--but not to say that others haven't THOUGHT of it before... or even done it. But to do it "for the masses" and get the idea out there + out of concept and into REALITY?? Those are always different stories.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

... so you're saying that Skottsaber is a hero, right? O.o
    Now known as Azmaria Dei

I second that notion!!
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Skott is a thinker and a tester. He is a good man.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Any news or updates? Haven't heard much as of late from the mailing list.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

there's a mailing list? O.o

last i heard PCBs and parts are on order - they should be in and the prototypes assembled soon.
    Now known as Azmaria Dei

And, it is done!
    I got my PCBs in today (5 days earlier than expected I might add), and quickly made one up. Expect to see at least 3 sabers with this board some time soon.
    Here is one of the finished boards:

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very nice project. Would you want to throw up a wiring schematic so we less electronic people could make one of these puppies!

Just thought I'd remind everyone... Noooooo asking to buy... I'd hate for all this info to be lost
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...