Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap Flash on Clash?

Default Cheap Flash on Clash?

This is only an idea and I don't kow if it is possible, and if it is, I don't know if I will realize it. But I was thinking that maybe it is possible to wire an RGB LED like that:
    2 colors wired together to the main latching switch with a resistor (maybe blue + green = cyan blade)
    the other color wired to the clash sensor sold by TCSS or a momentary swich.
    When you push the mom. button or when the clash sensor recieves an impact, you have a red flash.
    Is it possible?

Thank you
    It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life.
    [Jean-Luc Picard]

First off what board are you attempting this with? Second. The short answer is no. The clash sensor acts like a momentary switch during a vibration impact. It doesn't tell the board how to make a led clash, but rather to do it. You will need to have a board that would support this feature.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

My idea was to use no board: only a resistor. I knew it was really improbable, but thank you for the answer! In my mind the RGB had to be wired as it was connected to 2 different switches: one of them is the main latching switch, which is connected to two colors, the remainig color is connected to another indipendent switch, which, in my idea, could have been the clash sensor: the c. sensor would have been used as a switch.

Maybe my idea can work connecting the remaining color to a momentary switch: with the main latching switch you turn on the saber (green + blue, for example), when you touch the mom. switch, the red turns on for the time you hold the momentary switch.
    It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life.
    [Jean-Luc Picard]

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

i think i see what you're getting at. you're saying to wire an LED on a circuit seperate from the rest of the saber. instead of putting in a switch, you put in a clash sensor to act as a mom switch for that tiny bit of clash. it would work in theory, except for that the sensor only very briefly makes contact - barely enough for the LED to even think of lighting up. you would need to wire in a timer still.
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other

Yes! That was my idea . So, it is only a question of time... Well, probably it is better to wire a momentary switch, just like the aux. button of a Crystal Focus.
    [Jean-Luc Picard]

It would work with just the clash sensor, but it would only just be noticable, but it would be there.
    I think you might be able to slow it down with some kind of capacitor, or actually I believe it was done with a relay on a US 2.5 before.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

i thought about using a capacitor, but then you have to calculate in the charge time too - i doubt the time the sensor is triggered would be anywhere near long enough
    Now known as Azmaria Dei

Ah my apologies. Your initial post was a little vague. I am no electronics expert by any means. I know that there are others out there more qualified to answer this question, but what about using a gateway, say pnp, to charge the capacitor, then having the clash sensor discharge the capacitor, thus lighting the led with a full capacitor charge.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

you would need a fairly good sized cap for that, but yes i think that might work.
    Now known as Azmaria Dei

Well I have most of the circuit design worked out for this, I will get the parts I need and try to have a test setup done in a few days or less
    This could get exciting

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent