Thread: Stunt Saber Wiring

Board Lurker

Default Stunt Saber Wiring

Im working on a stunt saber and i'm having trouble getting my LED to light up. is there something wrong with my set up? assuming all wires have a good connection and are correct in terms of + / - , does my diagram look correct?

i also have a recharge port id like to incorporate into the set up but dont know where it should go. any help is appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your switch looks like it wired to the wrong pads.
    Unless I'm mistaken there is a switch already soldered on top of the board (looking at your pic). This is the new style I'm not
    familiar with so I could be wrong but you might be able to remove that switch or solder to the pads from the back side of the board

Your diagram looks good. Make sure your battery is charged. If it is, your problem could be a bad switch. There is a little switch on the converter board. If it lights up the LED, but the 12mm switch doesn't, then it's the switch. If neither switch works, you might have a bad soldering connection somewhere.

One JST plug on the recharge port connects to the battery. The other JST plug connects to the converter board where you have the battery connected in the diagram.
    Last edited by Generic Jedi; 03-17-2016 at 02:04 PM.

Board Lurker

Battery is new. not sure if it needs a charge out of the box. When i have it all wired up, the switch controls the little red light on the momentary to latching converter (on/off), and i can light up an accent LED touching it to the leads from the buckpuck going to the Rebel star (when disconnected). possible my LED is the problem?