Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody have a replica or original graflex?

Sorry, that comment was directed to Ronan. I was just saying that although he is looking for a grooved top graflex on ebay, I bought one from there two weeks ago.
    So now I have 2 graflex - a plain 3-cell and a grooved 2-cell.
    I also bought a brass replica top from Tim; at 10 bucks you can't go wrong.
    My advice truthfully would be, save the bucketloads of cash you'd spend getting a graflex from ebay, get the $10 brass one from TCSS and if you don't want it brassy, blacken it with birchwood casey brass black for another $10.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthPawley View Post
    Sorry, that comment was directed to Ronan. I was just saying that although he is looking for a grooved top graflex on ebay, I bought one from there two weeks ago.
    My advice truthfully would be, save the bucketloads of cash you'd spend getting a graflex from ebay, get the $10 brass one from TCSS and if you don't want it brassy, blacken it with birchwood casey brass black for another $10.
    Ah that would be the one that came up as sold out. It was bought when i was away from the computer

I got 2 replica's here 3 cell graflex thought But i'm still urgh about butchering one just for the bottom...
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"

Quote Originally Posted by DarthPawley View Post
    i would try to blacken it i just dont know how it would look have u done it can i get pics?

Quote Originally Posted by wenoscustomworkshop View Post
    im sorry i dont understand you.... not to be rude would you sell me one of ur tops?
    NO SOLICITING!

And, I said before, so I'll ask again here
    Why does it HAVE to be a graflex top? You could make one yourself that would fit MHS, or perhaps even have Tim cut cut that kind of overlay.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

because i would like to use a graflex so it looks like how i want it

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You can make sinktube look like a repliacexgrafelx with some work abc creativity.

Several members here have done that
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollector View Post
    You can make sinktube look like a repliacexgrafelx with some work abc creativity.

Several members here have done that
    see i would do that but i want to put tims graflex led conversion in it and have the pins and bunnyears and button and glass retaining screw and that would be very hard and not worth it. so i am looking for a place that sells the bunnyears because i can get everything else but them right now so i can use tims brass

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Why not get the brass top sold in the store, then have it chromed? Would be easier AND cheaper. Look, you're going to cut it any way to get it how you want it, well even real Graflexs' are brass underneath that chrome, so when you cut it the brass edges will show. Getting the brass one, cutting it, get it just right then send it off to be chromed would make more sense. But what would I know.....

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    Why not get the brass top sold in the store, then have it chromed? Would be easier AND cheaper. Look, you're going to cut it any way to get it how you want it, well even real Graflexs' are brass underneath that chrome, so when you cut it the brass edges will show. Getting the brass one, cutting it, get it just right then send it off to be chromed would make more sense. But what would I know.....
    ur absolutely right but like i said i am gonna have to do that but i will require finding a site that sells just the bunny ears so i can put it on the replica than after i cut it i need to find someone to chrome it because tim wont powdercoat it for some reason do you no anyone that sells the bunnyears

I'm going to make this VERY clear...

This site is connected to a store so it is not good to try to do business in someone's store.

There are several other sites and stores where you can buy a full replica. I'm in the same boat with a brass top looking for ears/hoop and an eye but I don't discuss any sales or purchases of any kind.

There are other forums or a search engine to help you with the parts you're looking for.