Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My Custom Graflex Saber #1 need help

Exclamation My Custom Graflex Saber #1 need help

hello, i am trying to build a new lightsaber and i am confused on some parts..i have a specific design and want to make it but i dont know if it will work or fit what i am trying to get at is i want to take tims graflex top piece and see if it can slide over the ribbed extension on the mhs parts. i am trying to make a saber i drew along time ago prob 6 years ago. i found my sketches and want to finally make it...i want to make it a led saber with a royal blue led. and since i am getting tims replica top where can i find all of the other random "do dads" that go on the top like the bulb clip and ect. oh and where the graflex clamp is its gonna be a activation box style 6 with two extra holes for leds.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

i think i remember someone asking about that a little while ago and the verdict was that it needed a shim of some sort. perhaps someone that's done it before will chime in soon and answer the question better... sorry i'm not much better help. ^_^
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other

well thats ok thanks for some help i noticed someone is building one similar slothfurnace derelict... im kinda mad now he even has the top part i really want.... as his actually fits nice on the mhs parts. maybe he will pop in and tell me what he did... and i need to find the other parts that go on the replica i am gonna buy i want the clip for the bulb that goes on the tip that everyone uses for support for the blade i added a picture and circled in red what i will be looking for also thanks for the help
    Attached Images Attached Images

pm me or messege me your email and ill tell you where you can get those parts that you are looking for since we can't discuss this on the open forum

The graflex top will not fit over MHS parts without modification. You would need to grind down the MHS sections.

In your original render the switch is too close to the emitter. You won't be able to put it there.

This is an MHS saber I made that has a graflex look using sinktube:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...rkiller+jamoup

Here is another I did:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...jamoup+contest

Quote Originally Posted by JamoUp View Post
    The graflex top will not fit over MHS parts without modification. You would need to grind down the MHS sections.

In your original render the switch is too close to the emitter. You won't be able to put it there.
    are you talking about the red button next to the tip? that is suppose to replicate the red button on the graflex just so i can understand it a bit better.

Yes. I was. If you use it as a retention screw, it needs to be on the blade holder. If you are using it just for show or aesthetics it Just needs to be moved so that it doesn't get in the way of the threads.

there shouldnt be threads that blade holder i used is suppose to be the graflex top thats the only thing i could think of using now as the retention screw i am gonna use the glass eye in the bottom of the graflex.

I see, you aren't planning on using the MHS blade holder. You want the Graflex top. have you thought how you will connect it to the rest of the saber? assuming you mill down the MHS parts to fit inside it? I am working on something similar and I was going to use an internal chassis/screw the MHS to the graflex combo.

Quote Originally Posted by JamoUp View Post
    I see, you aren't planning on using the MHS blade holder. You want the Graflex top. have you thought how you will connect it to the rest of the saber? assuming you mill down the MHS parts to fit inside it? I am working on something similar and I was going to use an internal chassis/screw the MHS to the graflex combo.
    well this is the best description i think i can give you... http://www.slothfurnace.com/images/custom3/009.jpg this is the best way to describe it. i want to do something like this and i will put tims led graflex adapter in it for the blade and for connecting it maybe something internal..