Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3 leds in one saber

Default 3 leds in one saber

Hi, finally!!!! After a few headaches, I just receive the two blades that I ordered before Tim move out. Thanks man, without you I won't be able to make my nephew's dream come true. Here in my country was near to imposssible to get those polyc. blades.

But the idea that made me write here is to put a set of 3 leds, with special lens and combine the colors to have all the power of 3w of each led and the change among almost every color that a jedi (or sith) could imagine. I found some things about a pocket size illuminator.

Heres a pic
    http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/3438/rgb8qb.jpg

I think that somebody has this package ready to use it but I can't find it....have you? Thanks

Default 3 LEDs in one saber

Hi there
    Stay tuned for a 3 LED setup hopefully coming down the road soon. It will have specilized optics to collimate the 3 beams together. More info once the prototype is up and running.

Corbin Das

Corbin@CorbinsComponents.com

Awesome Corbin, I also heard a rumor that you were working on a 20-30W one as well.
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before Me"
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Default rumors

I think the rumor grew a little. I'm messing with 10 and 20 watt LEDs, butthey're proving rather problematic thus far.

Corbin

Yes but when you suceed just think of what you will achieved, I can only imagine how bright they will be, it just makes you mind race with the possibilites.

Default Colimator

Corbin: That's great!. I think in a holder for 3 leds, some mirrors and collimator lenses to do the job. Something like this:
    [/img]
    Not only a partner, but a friend

" Impresive most Impresive" Great design!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Colimator

Quote Originally Posted by luis rojas
    Corbin: That's great!. I think in a holder for 3 leds, some mirrors and collimator lenses to do the job. Something like this:
    WOW!!!
    -------------------------------------------

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk." - Thomas A. Edison

Default 3 in 1

Hi guys.
    That's pretty close, but not quite it. For that design, I'd recommend using an inverted pyramid type lens assembly with the LEDs shining in through the face of each side and up through the base into the bottom of the blade. The LEDs would need to be canted slightly to match the angle of the pyramid sides.

Corbin

Or something like this:

edit: for the time being, I have removed the picture I posted. Hopefully I can post a new one later.