Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: About these crystals I see alot.

Default About these crystals I see alot.

I keep seeing people installing crystals into their saber hilts, so my question is how/where do you mount the crystal into the sink tube and what do people do to make it show up? Do you simply cut small rectangles all around the hilt around the area?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It all depends on the hilt. Most will probably place them mid hilt and above the batteries as that's where the visual dictionaries placed them.
    I have seen most commonly a "nipple" like on the Luke ROTJ saber or washers that hold the crystal.

Sometimes they can't even be seen from the outside though. You'd need to protect it if you did it if you made it visible. I'd look at Madcow's creations in the gallery and what I did recently.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Blog Entries

Hi,

I have been getting emails and PM about how to make a crystal mount or maybe if I can machine one for them (sorry, no longer able to).

I do have a sugestion though. TCSS actually already has something that could be a crystal mount that would probably fit perfectly in a MHS.

I am suggesting people consider the LED mount/heatsink sold by TCSS turned upside down.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sa...p?idproduct=88
    It looks similar to the crystal mount I used (named the "nipple" style by xwingband). Bit of hotglue or epoxy and it would hold a crystal quite nicely.

Cheers
    -V

Lightsaber Warning Label: "CAUTION: Do NOT attempt to sharpen blade."

Dang vadeblade, that's a good one. That's one of those things that we are all sitting here smacking our heads thinking "Duh! why didn't we think of that."

<center></center>

Blog Entries

Thanks,

Here is how I was thinking of using the LED mount/heatsink. Three possible methods. Obviously there are other methods too.

No. 2 - the Crystal is not lit by the Lux. The LED is pointing up to light the blade. Crystal kinda hangs under.

No. 3 would be a Dual lux idea, Long screws and spacers would be used to sandwich the crystal between heatsinks.

Cheers,
    -V

Lightsaber Warning Label: "CAUTION: Do NOT attempt to sharpen blade."

I started digging through my parts that haven't been packed yet to see if I had an extra blade holder to drill out and play with. I may just have to go back to a design I was working on and put on hold. The wiring holes are even already in there so you don't really have to worry much at all. Again, that's the kind of thinking I just find so fasinating, to look at a part that we use all the time and come up with something else is just awsome.

<center></center>

vadablade great designs, I hadn't even thought about any of these yet.[]

<center>
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before me"

</center>

Thought: Quick dremel work to remove the outer ring will make the "crystal holder" a bit cleaner......

<center></center>RJ: No, Hammy, not the cookie. I told you that cookie was garbage.
    Hammy the Squirrel: But I like the cookie.

Where would someone get these crystals?

I think you can pretty much find them in every souvenier(sp) shop but just google it and you can find the crystal