Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Request for a Custom Saber.

Yeah, but you see, the only problem with that is the fact that I don't have soldering tools or anything for electronics. I have only used a soldering tool on my PSP modchip installation.

yeah like some1 else said b4 the psp modchip is harder than a saber, i made 2 el sabers that i love, but the broke because i didnt solder the wires good, but its still good if u get tims complete blades

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!....LOUD NOISES!!!
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by HiddenMooCow

Yeah, but you see, the only problem with that is the fact that I don't have soldering tools or anything for electronics. I have only used a soldering tool on my PSP modchip installation.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You have no Idea how easy it is to wire up a saber. It's even easier if you use LED since you won't have that hair thin wire to worry about. You can buy soldering Irons (I say irons because soldering guns get heavy after a while, and are less precise) at Sears, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowes, almost anywhere.

You soldered a PSP modchip, you'll do fine with a Lightsaber.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Asuka Langley Soryu: I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you.
    -End of Evangelion

Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein
    -Rammstein
    Contains 100% your daily recommended dose of Laughing Man

Don't forget TIM!

http://thecustomsabershop.com/sabers...?idCategory=34

Very nicely priced and you can get it with the rest of the saber stuff.

<center></center>

Holy Crap! I forgot he had that. Tim = God

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Asuka Langley Soryu: I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you.
    -End of Evangelion

Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein
    -Rammstein
    Contains 100% your daily recommended dose of Laughing Man

you said you soldered a modchip, heck thats way harder than a few wires on a saber. dude, you can do it easily. if no iron, go to wally world and get one. theyre cheap. around 8 to 10 bucks. for a 25 watter.

its really easy. not hard at all. and if your using a mhs kit, you got it made.

<center></center>

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

it won't work for the contacts on the led, but there are solder strips at radioshack that you just wrap around the wire and heat with a lighter. i use them alot because my soldering iron is junk.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<font size="3"><font color="maroon">Personally, I wouldn't trust those solder strips, but I've never used them, so I don't know how well they work.</font id="maroon">

<font color="blue">I solder for a living right now, so I'm very anal about doing a professional job. I've told all my friends to give me their solder work to do for them, cuz I've seen how some of the solder. []

I can be "lazy" and take stuff to work to do on my breaks and not have to get out my own soldering iron at home. Plus I have the added bonus of being able to use my microscope to check my work.</font id="blue"> [|)]</font id="size3">

In order to see the Light, you must sometimes risk the Dark.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

If you are just going to solder wires together then the solder tape works fine. Trim it for just enough to wrap around the wires and heatshrink over it. There you go, and no one will be wiser, especially if they don't see it. It will not work for the LED though as you need to do that the normal way.

J-Lo, what have you been soldering for sabers that requires a microscope?[] Overkill I say.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<font size="3"><font color="teal">Yes, I agree, it is a bit of overkill, but it's available, so I like to check my work, and use it while I'm soldering. I'm used to using a microscope, so it feels comfortable to me.

I do need reading glasses or a magnifying lens now to do soldering as it is, though. My eyes are getting old...[:I]</font id="teal"></font id="size3">

In order to see the Light, you must sometimes risk the Dark.