Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Trilogy? (Not 3D Re-Releases...)

Don't worry SW faithful - if George has his hands in it, he'll muck it up somehow.
    I really wish I could feel good about it - but I can't. I tolerate Eps 1-3 and even like the Clone Wars series but I wish they would stop mucking up the continuity of stuff that is already out there.
    I'll take Karen Traviss's version of Mando over GL's....

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthammer View Post
    I'll take Karen Traviss's version of Mando over GL's....
    QFT

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Give me derivative fiction any day. Animation and my own imagination have done me well. Anything else could lead to evil things like Ewok Christmas specials...

That sounds great I am very much looking forward to see what George comes up with for these new movies... And since all the EU stories are from paid writers who are most of the time writing stores that have been assigned to them by faceless editors... stories that for the most part are total crap and have no real emotion built into them because the writer does not care because it's just about the check... I can't wait to get more real Star Wars stories from George..... the person who really cares about Star Wars...

PS.. Karen Traviss is a whiny _______ and she needs to move on and shut her mouth... She stepped off because of nothing... he did not even ask her to change anything... he just wanted to do the Mandalore thing the right way instead of the messed up way she came up with... is that to much to ask?... especially when she was not asked to change a single thing in her story... the EU is not Star Wars... it's a construct of the book company's looking to make a buck on a sure thing... and you guys want to call George a money monger... At least he writes Star Wars because he cares....
    Last edited by beggarsoutpost; 10-24-2010 at 11:03 AM.

KI-ADI-MUNDI on FX-SABERS.com

Quote Originally Posted by beggarsoutpost View Post
    ... and you guys want to call George a money monger... At least he writes Star Wars because he cares....
    Hahaha....ha...ha.
    Yeah....no. Just, no.

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

actually most of the books ARE approved canon and the authors had to go through George and his goons to even start writing in the first place, if i remember right.
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other

Quote Originally Posted by equinox13 View Post
    actually most of the books ARE approved canon and the authors had to go through George and his goons to even start writing in the first place, if i remember right.
    Yeah... your remembering wrong... they are not canon and most of the writers are given an assignment to write said stories from an editorial staff.... They never have any interaction with LFL...

"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
    Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
    - George Lucas

KI-ADI-MUNDI on FX-SABERS.com

Quote Originally Posted by beggarsoutpost View Post
    "The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
    Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
    - George Lucas
    Proof why there will never be a third trilogy.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

No one can say episode 1-3 were not money spinners.

They paid good known actors to be in it from the start, who needed to be paid for for a start.

The writing, humor, some character choices, and general feel were wrong and not in keeping with the prequel films.

I'm sure George cares about his creation (LFL I mean) but the Story of Starwars, Nah.

Oh and the Story is about Vader, no....... if it was, they needn't have created Luke, Leia would have done, Vader still would have killed palpatine for his offspring and no one would have cared. Luke is the one people want to see continue on, that's why the better EU books are all about him and his new order.

MTPW
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

I'm so tempted to get on a soapbox here, but I think my personal rant about the trilogies could be a whole new thread. It definitely shouldn't get shoehorned in here.

There's a lot to love and hate about the Star Wars movies and spinoffs. We all wouldn't be posting here if we didn't share an affinity for the fictional realm Lucas created, and others have significantly added to.

Let's not express our disagreement so vehemently that we appear to insult each other.