Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Led assembly for PVC hilts.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Midian View Post
    Hey, you're welcome. Never underestimate the power of PVC.

Thats pretty kool, this just answered how I was going to do my 3-up saber... Oh and my crystal chamber will be on my next build, the one I told you about. Good write-up, thanks for sharing.

Does the blades stock spring clip hold with enough force to keep things in place during some heavy dueling? Or just in general?

This is a great idea by the way, and can be applied to aluminum tube based sabers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by vargose View Post
    Does the blades stock spring clip hold with enough force to keep things in place during some heavy dueling? Or just in general?

This is a great idea by the way, and can be applied to aluminum tube based sabers as well.
    Thank you Vargose. In pvc the led assembly acts as a blade stop as well. The blade will be flush against the copper end cap or led assembly. So the spring clip will stay in place. I also removed the blade & slapped my hilt against my palm 100 times & slapped it against my thigh 100times & it stayed in place. someone was concerened about it staying in place when you remove the blade & wear it on your belt. If it should move, when you replace your blade, your blade will put the clip back in place. I don't remove my blades,so it's not an issue for me, but when I did the slap test it didn't move.
    Last edited by Darth Midian; 11-09-2010 at 06:12 PM.

I finally found the copper caps you were talking about. They were hidden at my local hardware store ^.^ I'm going to try assembling my first setup like this this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by RevengeoftheSeth View Post
    I finally found the copper caps you were talking about. They were hidden at my local hardware store ^.^ I'm going to try assembling my first setup like this this weekend.
    Good deal. Cut the blade stock so when you put clip inside of the copper cap, it will be flush. The one I have in the pic is a little short. I cut a second one a bit thicker than that one. The thickness of clip should be just under 3/8". Good luck

Nice tutorial!

I'm really surprised this isn't well known.
    This trick has saved me many $ over the last couple of years.
    Darth Flatulous

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Then why didn't you share it?

Keeping to yourself?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Then why didn't you share it?

Keeping to yourself?
    I did. Just ask Darth Midian.
    Darth Flatulous

Hello everyone. A few weeks ago someone suggested to me to try & use a 3/4" copper pipe end cap for a heat sink.
    Ingchao, is the person I referenced to in my original post. I'm sorry Dude, when I posted this I didn't really know your were a member here, Sorry. I will edit my orignal post. This is a great idea, I thank you again for telling me about it..

Ingchao, is the person I referenced to in my original post. I'm sorry Dude, when I posted this I didn't really know your were a member here, Sorry. I will edit my orignal post. This is a great idea, I thank you again for telling me about it..
    No apologies needed! I was just responding to Jedi Loreen's post and there are other sabersmiths on this forum who discovered this trick also. Even though I thought I came up with this, a few months ago i was modifying another sabersmith's saber only to discover the same set up.

Thanks for the credit, it makes me feel good that I could help someone with your considerable skills!
    Darth Flatulous