Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: how to disasssemble hasbro toy lightsaber?

Default how to disasssemble hasbro toy lightsaber?

Hi, I have spent hours searching the forums trying to find help on how to disassemble a toy lightsaber but very surprisingly I have come up empty handed. I have a hasbro vader force action lightsaber that I want to remove the soundboard from but after removing all the screws I am stuck as the top part of the saber hilt will not come apart. I would like to know how best to take this apart with minimal or preferably no damage as i want to be able to continue using the toy without the sounds if I can. This is one area where you can't beat experience, I don't want to ruin the saber to learn how to take it apart so if i can benefit from somebody elses experience it would be much appreciated.

i cut the saber emitter on either side, pretty much no other way to get the saber apart otherwise. you can still put it back together and play with it.

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

they really went overboard on the glue - you'll have to cut or dremel it apart.
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other

Default where to cut

Thanks, I thought if I had to cut i might be able to cut just one 1/2. So where is the best place to cut to avoid damaging the internals?

Default still where to cut

I have extended the blade so I don't cut through that when i use my hacksaw, now i just need to sort out where to cut, I'm thinking maybe just above the bottom black part of the hilt, just as the silver plastic starts?

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

a hacksaw? O.o the board is right in there... try and cut along the seams of the main body parts, but only as deep as that outer ring.
    Now known as Azmaria Dei

General rule of thumb is to go along the seam (like equinox13 said), go slow start shallow and cut deeper if needed. I use the cutting wheel on my dremel, a small hammer and screw driver to help pry the 2 halves apart.
    Some may leave The Jedi Order; but few leave it alone.

Default hacksawed it

Thanks guys, I couldn't wait any longer and just went ahead and did it, I cut just where I mentioned before and had no problems, hacksaw and all.

I cut across the width of the saber rather than the length as it sounds like you guys are suggesting, I don't have access to a dremel, just the basic tools so no fancy metal hilt for me.

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

i recommend making the dremel a basic tool in your arsenal... it takes the place of so many things and can do so much...

Tahm - hammer? O.o
    Now known as Azmaria Dei