Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Keeping stuff from moving in my hilt

Default Keeping stuff from moving in my hilt

Hey guys, I'm a new saber builder and i was wondering how do you keep things like the cheapo hasbro sound boards from moving around in the hilt when dueling, and battery packs as well?

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Do a search for "chassis" or "sled".

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

I was thinking of something alittle more economical. What about medicince bottles glued to the side of the hilt or something. Im good with tools and stuff just not that good to make a whole chasis for a cheap sound board and battery pack.

Hmmm......... Really cheap and easy. ..........

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CFMQ8wIwBg#

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

some people use a chunk of the blade from the hasbro econo saber and some hot glue. i used heatshrink and electrical tape and some fiber optic conduit.
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other

Thanks guys, i think its gonna be something i just have to tinker with for a bit before i figure out what will work best.

Sounds like you want a sled, which is just how it sounds. Put your stuff on it and slide it in. PVC or film cases work well and are cheaper and easier to get then carving it out of delrin.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Yup, see first post. Don't know how "sled" or even "chassis" has to be expensive or hard. People use lots of stuff to make these. Doing a search on them here, would yield you some great ideas.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

I don't think chassis are hard or expensive either but could be time consuming for someone new to them.

Once again thanks guys. I found some intresting stuff on pvc sleds and what not. Originally i thought you guys were talking about something like the crystal chamber chasis, which just look insane awesome but a bit on the complex side as this is my first saber.