Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: MHS coupler

I had also intended to do this. Wiring options may open up with this new part. I, for one, would be a bit less stressed about pommel-mounted recharge ports, knowing that no twisting is involved!

(Waives hand)"you will bring these out". Can't wait to see a combat stress test(it is quality control....and IT'S ANOTHER REASON TO PLAY!!! )

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I have 2 prototypes to give out but I want to make sure they get used in a build somewhat soon. What I will do is give one to the first two people who want to place a order for all of the parts to build a MHS based staff including two PC sound modules. Send me a E-mail if interested.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Starwaster View Post
    So how sturdy was it? Would it stand up to stunt work?
    I believe it would.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Since nobody has taken me up on my offer yet I will extend the same offer if NB sound modules are used as well.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

I would gladly accept if finances allowed. Right now I'm trying to keep my bills paid. Hopefully my situation will change soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    Since nobody has taken me up on my offer yet I will extend the same offer if NB sound modules are used as well.
    I'm quite late on this thread, just watched the video! That is an impressive piece
    Had it be a few month back, this would have changed my current build entirely hehe

But, I have an idea for another saber that could benefit from this coupler.
    If you're ok Tim, we can discuss this by mail (I'll need some details about it and I'll expose my idea to you).
    Clicky Sig =>

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I have an update. I installed one in my son's dual bladed saber. He is 8 and a dueling beast. He has been beating the crap out of his buddies for a week and the coupler is no worse for the wear. It still functions perfectly and the saber stays together when it is meant to stay together. This is an awesome advance in dual bladed saber tech. I LOVE it and will likely use many of these as we move forward.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    I have an update. I installed one in my son's dual bladed saber. He is 8 and a dueling beast. He has been beating the crap out of his buddies for a week and the coupler is no worse for the wear. It still functions perfectly and the saber stays together when it is meant to stay together. This is an awesome advance in dual bladed saber tech. I LOVE it and will likely use many of these as we move forward.
    Thats awesome to hear, LDM! I'd love to use one but I already have the MHS parts and boards for the staff I think that's the first time I've ever been disappointed to have saber parts in-hand, lol.
    -Takanis-
    Simpi-Gon Sims (FX-Sabers Forums)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    Do we get to see a picture of this saber? this Slayer of Jedi?

I have a build planned for the coupler but its looking like it make take about $300 in MHS parts plus custom parts and the electronics. It will happen but its going to be a while
    -Sidd-