Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: MHS coupler

I did some more use of this compler while building my staff.

I've noticed 2 things that I can add to my feedback:

- The amount of play when attached is greater now that have the coupler mounted on the staff... the weight of the other MHS peices thus increases that play.
    It is a bit weird having that play when moving the staff, both saber parts (made of emitter/choke/ribbed section/3"extension) now clearly move when coupled together.

- One of the button doesn't fully come back up anymore when I attach both parts. I didn't do anything special to the coupler (yet), that just happens now... I think this has been mentioned already, but I wasn't going to read that thread over again ^^ So I mention it here. I think it is slightly twisting inside and it prevents the button peice to go back to its original position.

Now I also confirm that it is almost impossible not to cut my big fingers when detaching the coupler. But I'm thinking about a workaround for that one, using rubber peice or athumb screws, I'll eventually test that later.

Out of curiosity, Tim, do you have an idea when the second version will be released for tests?
    Clicky Sig =>

Ok, coupler mod is done ^^

Here are the full details of what I have done: coupler mod details

Works much better now, very easy to detach and attach again thanks to the thumb screws.
    And then, permanent loctite should prevents the mounting screws to get loose and let the metal part twist.
    Last edited by Darth Ryo; 10-17-2013 at 09:25 AM.
    Clicky Sig =>

That's a great mod Ced! Way to make it work consistently. Can't wait until all the kinks are hammered out so I can do a build with it

resurrecting an old thread. I would love to be able to see this come to fruition, since it would work quite nicely for a saber my brother wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    Okay, we finally have a batch of these ready. There are a few changes already planned for the next batch but these work just fine and we want to get feedback on them.
    Heya Tim,

Is there any update on the "next batch" or are they still in development? Thanks so much!
    -Takanis-
    Simpi-Gon Sims (FX-Sabers Forums)

I have just ordered this coupler, and just wanted to let you guys know that Ill be posting a video on it when it arrives.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    This is a coupler based off a push to release design that Sloth most recently used.

Nice. This could be used to build a two piece Kanan Jarrus style saber if you could find some way of mounting a centred connection pin to connect /disconnect the Led. I've got all the ideas but I've not even built my first MHS saber yet so what do I know?

How do I order one of these, and are they compatible with the ultrasabers phantom initiate v2 hilts?

They're in the store here: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Pr...?ProductId=848 (sadly, they're out of stock at the moment)

I'm reasonably certain they are not compatible with US saber parts.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!