Thread: 4" Double Female Grooved

Board Lurker

Default 4" Double Female Grooved

my question is to anyone who can tell me,

does anyone know if a graflex clamp is able to slide over this piece or not, any responces would be most welcome

I don't think it's that simple. It seems to me it will fit with a shim under it since it would be a loose fit on MHS. A strip of sinktube maybe.

i have the 4 groove and the clamp and it wont fit over it tested the theory b4 i posted.....mine is also a replica clamp so that might be why also ....i know the replica clamp is the same diameter of the 4 groove
    Last edited by jin starkiller; 10-20-2010 at 06:12 AM.

The outside diameter of a Graflex is 1.5". The outside diamter of a DF4GR is 1.625". A clamp made to fit 1.5" diameter is going to have a hard time fitting a 1.625" diameter part. The MHS parts are 1.45" diameter and that is why you need a shim if you use a clamp with a standard MHS part.

Im sure if you ask tim, he'll give you the price for custom work to shave it to 1.5"

Oh yes..my bad. The one that looks like a grip sleeve. That makes sense.

I have heard of people making their own clamps out of sheet metal if that's any help.

Board Lurker

ok, thank you very much for the help, i have a piece of brass that is kind of shaped similarly to the clamp with half of the tube part cut off, i was also thinking i could get a clamp made based on that but might be jjust as easy to get the grooved sleeve machined.
    again thank you, all of all your information has been noted