Thread: pnp transistor & 2010 hasbro sound question?

Default pnp transistor & 2010 hasbro sound question?

ok ive got an obi wan 2010 hasbro board (cheap one) and have everything i need to wire up> My question is where is it best to mount the transistor? suppose mybe on the board if theres room?
    might be a daft question but im just getting into this wiring and learning all the time!

i usually just hotglue them to the board...alot of us are noobs in the wiring department it took me 2 boards to get it right my first time ...was very new to soldering and kept melting the board ...so i used the first as my practice board to improve my soldering since it was destroyed any way
    Last edited by jin starkiller; 10-18-2010 at 09:47 AM.

I have used 4 or 5 of those transistor setups with the cheapy boards and I just shrink wrap it and the board them hot glue them together
    -Sidd-

yea. i find most of my loose components like resisters/transistors/voltage regulators to wind up hot glued on the board. or on whatever is holding the board. i suggest using just a dab of glue tho so it can be removed or replaced for maintenance. easy removal would be having a secondary soldering iron with a tip you don't much care for. and just use that to re-heat the glue for removal.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    best blaster refracting emitter... 450 Imperial Credits
    custom quadrinineum crystal... 1020 Imperial Credits
    droxsus catheum power cell... 400 Imperial Credits

knowing you just built the most awesome saber... priceless. there are some things money can't buy for everything else. there's the Master Imperial Credit card.

cheers for the tips
    i think i'll go for the hot glue then

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Heatshrink- if you mess up something later, hot glue is a huge pain to work Around. You can just cut heatshrink off...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

in my neck of the woods can't find that large of heatshrink unless special order....i use old solder tip for heating the hot glue off of board if i need to

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

i used heatshrink for the individual transistors and used electrical tape to hold it to the board. easier to disassemble for when those cheap hasbro wires pop off for no reason.
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other

i bend back the connection to the board negatives and solder it directly to the board