Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CREE XP-E Q4 green? anyone tested?

Default CREE XP-E Q4 green? anyone tested?

I just recently started looking into led's again and ran into the CREE XP-E Q4 green with 3.9v at 1000ma. Has anyone tested this one out on a direct drive. It sounds like an easy build as the volts and stuff are low and looks to have more lm than a lux V.

http://www.led-tech.de/en/High-Power...9_120_138.html

maybe but what about optics?

i believe the site has optics for cree and maybe the optics used for the luxeon rebels may work for it as they are about the same size

You're better off using a rebel green. They put out 180 lumens at 700mA (@ about 3.2-3.4V). They exceed 200 lumens at 1000mA (max rated amperage)

Had a couple on the bench about 6 months ago (Blue and Green), they seem really bright and you can get some nice shades to, I believe they are rated 200 Lumens for 700mA. Now they have narrow Tri-Optics it might be worth trying 3 of them in Parallel, stay tuned as I might just get some rebels for comparison sake

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682

yeah a comparison would be sweet. I was looking around the site and the rebels seem to only put out like 80 lumens. I have always been wary of the rebels as they are small and I'm trying to beat out my luxeon V. Not to mention they are hard to get nowadays.

It's hard to compare lumens between Lux and Cree LEDs. They each rate their own, and Cree overstates theirs.

just decided to go with a ledengine 10 watt quad green on 14.8v 2200ma lion set up for a quick brightness whore set up. have to machine a new hilt for that one though. generation two should be sicker than ever.

Think about the parallel pcb version, 16v packs are not so good in some ways.

10 Watts are all good and all, but you have to look at it in a compatibility sense. For example; you take a CF V5 which can throw out 2A, take 3 Cree XPE's in Green in parallel - giving you 500+ Lumen with a good 8 Degree Tri-Optic.

So equip yourself with a good battery setup, take no worries with heat management as its not an issue because your only dealing with 6.8 Watts - a normal TCSS heatsink will deal with that easily.

As for the optics, as long as you use a thin walled blade (21mm ID) with the Tri-Optics (20mm) you will get plenty of light up the blade

Heres some rough specs for Parallel set ups:

Tri-Star Green XPE's - 3.2V @ 2100mA = 600 Lumens

Tri-Star Blue XPE's - 3.2V @ 2100mA = 210 Lumens

Tri-Star Red XPE's - 3.2V @ 2100mA = 300 Lumens

Tri-Star White XPE's 3.2V @ 2100mA = 1110 Lumens

Take the CF as an example, it will only give out 2 Amps, but trust me, 100mA makes hardly any difference. Even when they are powered at 1 Amp, they can chuck out some fantastic numbers - Green would be 300 Lumens, Blue 105 Lumens, White 417 Lumens.

So for what its worth your only dealing with 6.8 Watts, I'd rather deal with that myself then 16.8V @ 1 Amp for the same Numbers LOL
    Last edited by Malaki Skywalker; 10-21-2010 at 09:29 AM.

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682