Thread: Parks Arc-Wave disassembly issue

Default Parks Arc-Wave disassembly issue

Hey guys,
    I have been disassembling my Parksabers Arc-Wave (Luke ROTJ) and got about this far:

However, I think it unscrews because I can see a tiny seam just after the black powdercoating/anodising (you might see it in the pics), but the problem is that there is a tiny set screw that I can't find an allen key for.

Does anybody who has converted these know what allen key I need for it? I've gone through about 30, 5 of which were almost right.
    Any help is highly appreciated.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

O.o looks like a standard hex head to me... i assume you've tried 3/32nds? it has to either be metric or standard... it also might have a LOT of lock-tite on it too...

Well I managed to get to the hardware store today, and found an imperial hex wrench set! So I am really happy about that. I tried the 3/32nd and it worked.

But I have run into another problem. I got out all of the screws, but I don't know what to do next

I can't get the electronics to slide out, neither the hilt to unscrew, so I don't know if that seam is just a score mark or not.

Any help would be appreciated on this

"You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

I'm sure you already tried this, but in the parks sabers, you have to figure out how to get the switch out, and then the rest usually just slides out of the hilt. Somehow, the switch holds everything in.

If you already tried that, see if you can post a couple pictures of both ends (if they are open).

You could also trying and get something thin and non-conductive down in there and see if you can move it around the outside until you figure out where it is hung up on the inside and go from there.

The switch was not a physical switch, Seth. Most of the parks models use a touch switch. The card in the box had 2 green wires in it that got pulled off when I took out the card.

Here are some shots of what is visible through the ends.
    Down the barrel:

You can see those 2 wires, as I pushed them into the hilt.

The pommel end, nothing has changed. You can see where the battery terminal is that connects with the screw in battery holder.

I have the same problem with my mace windu. I can't get the innards out. It moves a little but something is blocking it.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

There will be a set screw inside. The ribbed section must be removed from the grip section (epoxy) then you will find the set screw of which I speak (in other words, separate those two sections.). Sorry for the confusion on the PM Skott.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Hmm I thought I read over at FX-SABERS that there was a switch that got in the way on someone's saber. I must have read it wrong and it's the set screw LDM is referring to.

Now that I think of it, it was an Ultrasaber that I was reading about.

LDM to the rescue, again.

So if I need to separate those sections, how in the heck am I going to beat that epoxy?
    Just another question, you did not specify if these parts unscrew or simply just pull apart.

Thanks again for all the help guys.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    So if I need to separate those sections, how in the heck am I going to beat that epoxy?
    Just another question, you did not specify if these parts unscrew or simply just pull apart.

Thanks again for all the help guys.
    They are slip fit and can be VERY hard to get apart. I would try to loosen them with strap wrenches since the rotational strenght of hte epoxy is less than its shear (pulling) strength
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!