Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: equinox13's first MHS!

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RevengeoftheSeth View Post
    I had to do the same with my Obi-Wan board - the crappy leads kept breaking loose!
    glad i'm not the only one that had an issue with them. ^_^

thanks everyone. ^_^ i'm definitely not posting a pic of the internals though - way too much of a SNAFU in there. at least my idea of using the switch as a pivot point worked well enough. everything, including the pommel insert, is held in place by it and everything rotates around it.i don't think i'll be putting anything in the pommel insert again though - that was a royal pain.

i also found out that my supply of wire that i already have is either way too large or way too weak... good thing i ordered those quick connects... i had plenty of wire. ^_^

one thing i did note, however. the LED wire - does anyone else have an issue getting it in? the first time i put it in it got caught somewhere and it somehow sheared off the negative wire on the bottom of the heatsink. it didn't look that close, but it is a rather tight space...

Quote Originally Posted by equinox13 View Post
    glad i'm not the only one that had an issue with them. ^_^

thanks everyone. ^_^ i'm definitely not posting a pic of the internals though - way too much of a SNAFU in there. at least my idea of using the switch as a pivot point worked well enough. everything, including the pommel insert, is held in place by it and everything rotates around it.i don't think i'll be putting anything in the pommel insert again though - that was a royal pain.

i also found out that my supply of wire that i already have is either way too large or way too weak... good thing i ordered those quick connects... i had plenty of wire. ^_^

one thing i did note, however. the LED wire - does anyone else have an issue getting it in? the first time i put it in it got caught somewhere and it somehow sheared off the negative wire on the bottom of the heatsink. it didn't look that close, but it is a rather tight space...
    Is it getting pinched anywhere that you can tell? I wonder if the blade holder is squeezing it down and slicing it when you screw it in.

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

i couldn't see anything, but then again i can't see through copper or aluminum... i heatshrinked the wires and they seem fine now for whatever reason. probably just didn't want to get stuffed into place for whatever reason.

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

tore it apart last night and did some cleanup work on the inside. flipped the buckpuck over so that the wires weren't pinched - they were cutting in and grounding out, warming the handle quite well... i also replaced the speaker with a narrow 'premium' laptop speaker with its own mini-box and mounted that on the yoda board itself. then reassembling it i of course popped off the last wire that i didn't resolder on that yoda board... so apart it came again... and this time, though i have more in it somehow it fits together better. go figure...
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It sounds like you are leading the ways of "cram-fu".
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    It sounds like you are leading the ways of "cram-fu".
    Could you mean "learning"?
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

there is always more to learn. ^_^ thanks. it also helps that i was able to get the ribbed/grooved chock combo apart finally. i was able to pull some things all the way through and seat it better.
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other