Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: equinox13's first MHS!

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

Default equinox13's first MHS!

yoda 2010 econo board with sensors - had to resolder EVERY connection on it and replace half the wires... they kept popping off... i also wired it separately - the LED wires are going to the AV switch LED and the button on the bottom turns that part on and off
    built a power pack from 2 Li-Ion 18650s from a dead laptop (new PCB)
    Seoul P4 and a buckpuck 1000 driving it
    on the bottom rubber O-ring there are 3 sound holes for the speaker right next to the switch
    the MHS parts should be self explanatory
    learned a lot about cram-fu

^_^ bottom line is, it all fits, all works, and i will hopefully never take it apart again. the exterior won't be complete for a bit longer though - i need to get some chord to wrap the handle in.

***edit - adding a pic with the wrapp around the lower handle. i used 550 cord in that new army uniform color, whatever they call it. ^_^
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (17.4 KB, 168 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (16.6 KB, 133 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (17.7 KB, 182 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (18.2 KB, 140 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (22.1 KB, 74 views)
    Last edited by equinox13; 10-16-2010 at 02:32 AM. Reason: adding a pic

Good job!

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

Furthest reaches of the Galaxy (Scotland)

Definatly a nice job,

I like the design. not a fan of the o-rings i think a paint job or powder coating would help it out. nice first MHS.

It's nice. Simple and elegant, and makes a statement. I like it. And I'm glad you haven't named it. To me it seems un-Jedi like to name a tool.

I have to respectfully disagree with Jamo about the powder coating. I think the gloss of the o-rings is a great contrast with the polished metal and that much more black would detract from the aesthetic. I suppose I could see gloss epoxy appliance paint in place of the rings in the body section, but the rings in the emitter definitely need to stay. I might add a black band near the pommel to round out the distribution of black. How much of the grip do you intend to wrap in cord?
    Last edited by Kasdarack; 10-14-2010 at 10:59 AM.

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

thanks everyone! ^_^

if i can get enough ito, i want to do from the lowest O-ring to the pommel. as for painting and powder coating, i feel that would detract from the simple elegance. and the rubber gives a really nice grip. ^_^

as for naming it... nothing has really struck me or anything and i don't see any real need to anyway. it's not a themed piece or anything like that and it's not connecting to any networks... though i think i will put together a semi-matched offhand version when i can afford the parts...

i was also thinking about coiling some solid copper ground wire around the choke, but i think that might add a bit too much color to it...

Lookin' good there.

Only thing I don't really like is the O-Rings on the grooved section, but, of course, what suits you..

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalema View Post
    , but, of course, what suits you..
    That's the most important part

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Looks good! Congratulations on your first MHS saber!

I had to do the same with my Obi-Wan board - the crappy leads kept breaking loose!