Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: "Rebel Soul" by Don Se Wion

Well, first of all many thanks everybody for the kind words.
    Now some answers ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalema View Post
    Did you make the stand by yourself? 'Cause it's cool too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeRender View Post
    What is the display made from?
    Well the base is just a stand for models I bought times ago; the stands are a pair of curtain rod holders I found at a local DIY shop. I had to dremel them as well because they were not really symmetrical but they looked nice since the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by equinox13 View Post
    i'm impressed... you wouldn't happen to be an engineer, would you?
    Well, a sort of. I'm working in the telecommunication world and played with electronics since school times ... long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    Very nice! What mat did you use for the sleeve?
    The sleeve is carved out of a standard sink tube. I must say that the design split on the bottom was kindly forced because I used a sink tube bought here. The problem was that the tube was sold as a 1 1/2 inch but the diameter was actually close to 4 cm, definitely too large to sit properly on the hilt. Well, the lesson is learned and the next one will come from Tim.
    About the sleeve design I did it with Incscape, an open source clone of Adobe Illustrator. The drawing was printed and applied to the sink tube and then I had some great Dremel time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Elf View Post
    A very nice first saber! I like the shroud-work on it. That stand is nice too. And can I just say I like your avatar pic. Looks kinda like Mark Harmon from NCIS as a Jedi!
    Ha ha ... you got me.
    It's part of a series of avatars I made for different forums to have some fun, like Mark Harmon acting as Starfleet vulcan captain, Mark Harmon elf lord at the Battle of Helm's Deep ... and obviously Jedy Mark Harmon

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    I think your blade would look more even with at least 4 feet of clearwrap in it though.
    Well, the blade is not yet finished. Unfortunately I did not find yet the gift wrap plastic suggested here so I used something different.
    It is a plastic sheet commonly used here to wrap childs school books; I think it is a bit thicker and less transparent than the gift wrap but until I manage to find a proper one it seems to be a good alternative. I also tried to insert more rolls of it but did not look very different so I decided to leave a single roll for now.

That's a sharp looking saber and a great sled!

Very nice, sleek and sharp, I particularly love the groove work on the emitter. A very nice saber.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Dang dude i am really diggin the saber awsome job!!!