Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help with sound?

I'm not talking about designing a new one, just making them themselves instead of buying them from MR. Would be more cost effective to just make your own.

How did you find out that Hasbro was buying them from MR?

pulled one out, its the same board, and mr didnt produce the board itself, they bought it from another company

holy thread derail...
    Last edited by jjshumpert; 10-13-2010 at 12:06 PM.

His question was answered from what I could tell. I can always start a new thread if it offends anyone that I have questions about the origination of the boards that he was referring to. I just wanted accurate information (ie it was labelled as '2010 MR Saber' instead of '2010 Hasbro Saber', but MR doesn't produce them anymore). It didn't make sense to me that Hasbro buys sound boards from MR that MR buys from another company who produces them.

Doesn't really hurt to be thorough. I'll move it to a new thread, though.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

I think the confusion is that we refer to the cheapo hasblows as 2010 Hasbro's for the newer ones. We call the MR/Hasbro FFX boards "FX boards" or "MR board" for short

MR didn't make the boards, neither does Hasbro. They both buy them from a manufacturer that makes them to spec. MR probably designed the board and when Hasbro got the license bought the design rights (or perhaps those rights went to LucasFilm anyway and were then awarded with the license).

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The Older MR board and the first ones from the Hasbro FX series (made by the same outsourced company) were exactly the same. Now the new FX boards have a different component layout and even use SMD components. So, at this time there are 3 Hasbro boards.

MR/Hasbro FX board with out the removable blade. We call these FX boards, Hasbro FX boards or MR FX boards. They all will be FX. (not to be confused with the toy force action hasbro saber)

The new 2010 Hasbro FX boards with removable blades. Usually called 2010 FX with removable blade

And last but not least the Hasbro toy sabers. The sound quality has dramatically improved with the 2010 versions of these and although they don't have enough power to light up a Lux LED you can use a transistor with it to have a bright blade with decent sound. (We call these sound boards the Economy Hasbros. The new ones with the decent sounds are called 2010 Economy Hasbros)

Beware of the new toy General Grevious saber though. The sounds are not that great and the sync of the sounds are bad too.

I hope this helped to clear some of the confusion up.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php