Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help with sound?

Default Help with sound?

I'm buying the internals to my first saber from TCSS soon, with the rest of the external pieces arriving tomorrow. As far as I can tell reading on sound boards *everywhere*, the US 2.5 and CF anything do not exist, and there is no forseeable date that Tim will be done constructing his newer board.

I have an Episode III Obi-Wan MR saber just sitting here, with acceptable sound quality, but my question is if there are better boards out there I can find. It's a well-loved saber, with a few dead LED's in the blade, so it's just a dormant display right now.

However, I've seen mentioned here that the 2010 MR sabers have better sound. Mostly what I was hoping for in a US 2.5 was the variable flicker and sensitivity options. And seeing as the 2010 MR are about $10 more expensive than the listed price for the US 2.5, I'm considering it.

So what I want to know is what the best route to take would be. The latest I would want to wait for the new TCSS soundboard would be the Christmas season, so if that isn't going to happen, do I go for a 2010 MR board, or my old-school MR board?

the 2010 mr boards dont have the options your looking for, go ahead with the mr board you have on hand and look into the resonance chamber threads. you will also want to pick up one of tims speakers, as those in the mr's are pretty weak.

US 2.5 is not manufactured anymore.

But CF is still going strong and is the best lightsaber soundboard to-date.
    With the CF you can adjust pretty much everything, the flicker, Flash on Clash, any kind of switch and so on..

But for the present, I suggest one of the "more older" MR boards, they sound pretty good to me.

unless you ruin it.... Just sayin....

From what I understand, Tim will have his board out by the end of the year. I would go with the MR/Hasbro for now as you will get good quality sound albeit without the options. You can always upgrade later if you get a soundboard like a CF.
    Last edited by Shadar Al'Niende; 10-13-2010 at 06:42 AM.
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

I'll have to look into a thread on taking the MR apart too.

Thank you for the input. I had a feeling from the get-go with my lightsaber quest that my MR Obi-Wan would contribute some way towards the new saber, if not aesthetic influence, physical sacrifice.

Just for clarification, I believe the 2010 Force FX boards are Hasbro, not MR.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadar Al'Niende View Post
    From what I understand, Tim will have his board out by the end of the year.
    There is no "set" date, this is an estimation from Tim
    (Just so rumors don't start)

Quote Originally Posted by RevengeoftheSeth View Post
    Just for clarification, I believe the 2010 Force FX boards are Hasbro, not MR.
    This is correct

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

the hasbro sabers run on mr boards. the only change that was made for the new release sabers was putting back in the removable led ladder blades, which was designed for the mr hilts on the anakin and vader but lucas didnt allow them to implement. the mr hilts with this setup are still floating around, with this feature in tact, just pinned down so cant be used.
    only other difference in the mr and hasbro runs are that a few of the hilt pins were changed around to make the hilts easier to break down, sure that wasnt their intent but it works out for us.

Quote Originally Posted by jjshumpert View Post
    the hasbro sabers run on mr boards. the only change that was made for the new release sabers was putting back in the removable led ladder blades, which was designed for the mr hilts on the anakin and vader but lucas didnt allow them to implement. the mr hilts with this setup are still floating around, with this feature in tact, just pinned down so cant be used.
    only other difference in the mr and hasbro runs are that a few of the hilt pins were changed around to make the hilts easier to break down, sure that wasnt their intent but it works out for us.
    I guess that is a bit confusing for me. Why wouldn't Hasbro just make the boards themselves, since they took everything else over from MR?

because they took everything over from mr, why put money into designing a new board if you have a working model already...