Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Set screws on hilt threads?

Default Set screws on hilt threads?

Are any of you guys using set screws on the hilt thread sections/connection points?

My current MHS saber seems to sometimes start unscrewing itself when being 'used' and I'm trying to determine the best way to get them to just stay in place. I hand tighten as much as possible but I would imagine they must come loose after some usage.

So..is anyone drill tapping those sections and using a set screw to keep them in place on top of everything else?
    Momma in law: If this printer keeps printing the same thing I'm going to spit nickles!

Me: if you start spitting nickles I'm coming over with a bucket!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I have not had any of my parts unscrew by themselves. And you NEVER want to drill through the MHS threads. You can mess them up bad.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyen Skytracker View Post
    I have not had any of my parts unscrew by themselves. And you NEVER want to drill through the MHS threads. You can mess them up bad.
    I did not even consider that...so I'm glad I asked!

My issue isn't so much with the top of the saber, its the bottom where I have the pommel pushing up against the speaker/battery housing of the FX saber 'canister' I've mounted inside the saber chasis. I may have to move it up a tad in order for it to fully sit in there.
    Momma in law: If this printer keeps printing the same thing I'm going to spit nickles!

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by equinox13 View Post
    Perfect!

To glue the threads?
    Only if you never want to open your saber ever again...

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Lock tite won't permanently glue anything, believe me I know. I've used it for my glasses and a few other things, and seldom is it ever permanent.

But that was without threading

MHS is sometimes known to lock itself together to the point where it must be frozen to release the lock, adding adhesive would not help the problem

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

very true ....it would make harder to unscrew your hilts

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

if you have a problem of them unscrewing themselves i think a drop or two of loctite would be just what you need.