Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Momentary vs. latching switch???

Question

Quote Originally Posted by jin starkiller View Post
    i just wired the vader one up and it takes mom switch not latching

not sure why yours does unless Tim sent you mom by mistake
    Agreed - *ALL* of the hasbro econo boards (i.e. the ones that come in the plastic toy sabers) should have momentary activation. Your "latching" switch might in theory work to power on the saber, but does it also work to turn it off?
    LOCKHEED

Wow, I never thought this was so controversial. I thought you have switch X for this setup and switch Y for that setup. I am getting more confused, the more replys are posted. No wonder I did not know wich switch to use....

So is there a way to use a momentary switch without a soundboard?

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methos77 View Post
    So is there a way to use a momentary switch without a soundboard?
    yes, but to keep the saber on you'll need to hold it down unless you have some sort of switching controller like in most soundboards.

Quote Originally Posted by jin starkiller View Post
    i just wired the vader one up and it takes mom switch not latching

not sure why yours does unless Tim sent you mom by mistake
    IDK! It clicks for on, and clicks for off. I have 2 setups like that, and they work great. Both 2010 hasbro eco board, Anakin versions.

Switch (got a red and silver one): http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/SP...tton-P256.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by cannibal869 View Post
    Agreed - *ALL* of the hasbro econo boards (i.e. the ones that come in the plastic toy sabers) should have momentary activation. Your "latching" switch might in theory work to power on the saber, but does it also work to turn it off?
    Works great or else i wouldn't be using them.
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    IDK! It clicks for on, and clicks for off. I have 2 setups like that, and they work great. Both 2010 hasbro eco board, Anakin versions.

Switch (got a red and silver one): http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/SP...tton-P256.aspx

Works great or else i wouldn't be using them.
    Huh.... I'm confused now. It's a 2010 hasbro econo board right? comes with the DVD? Not an MR board?

Cause I just tried with a spare 2010 hasbro obi-wan board and using a latching switch, I can turn on the saber (locked on), but then when I try to turn it off, nothing happens. I have to turn it on and off again in order to get the saber to turn off.
    LOCKHEED

There reason I was asking is that I found a supplier here in Germany that offers shorter AV switches then TCSS. So they could be used in smaller hilts. However the short ones are only available as momentary.

Quote Originally Posted by cannibal869 View Post
    Huh.... I'm confused now. It's a 2010 hasbro econo board right? comes with the DVD? Not an MR board?

Cause I just tried with a spare 2010 hasbro obi-wan board and using a latching switch, I can turn on the saber (locked on), but then when I try to turn it off, nothing happens. I have to turn it on and off again in order to get the saber to turn off.
    Yeah, its the one that comes with the DVD, $20ish if i recall.

I press it to turn on, then press it to turn off.

Sometimes (rarely) nothing happens (like the button doesn't click into place), but i think thats more of a construction issue with the button.

99% of the time, my sabers work great. I also use them everyday.

I'll get a mom switch for the third board and see if i see any difference.
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"

Any body know what kind of switch I can use on a Joe Jedi kit?

Quote Originally Posted by ARjedi View Post
    Any body know what kind of switch I can use on a Joe Jedi kit?
    If I recall correctly, they take latching switches. Also, please don't resurrect threads that have been dead for over 4 years (The date and time are in the upper left hand corner of the previous post). Thanks.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com