Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hidden WristSaber Version 2.0

Default Hidden WristSaber Version 2.0

Hey Guys,
    This is my first build post on the forums so enjoy. It's a custom prop piece that is in it's second stage of development and will be refined greatly in the 3rd version. It's essentially a collaboration project for a mutual friend of the girlfriend and I.

He wanted to do a costume combining elements of Assassins Creed and The Force unleashed and what was born was the Jedi Assassin. I'll post pictures of the final costume when it has come to finish at the Toronto Force Gathering for the 2011.

So let me know what you think

http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l8...t=IMG_0102.jpg

Personally I'm not getting a couple of things with this build.

1. Jedi Assasin.... Really. I say this because inspiration can often make the difference between a good saber or bad.
    2. What is the box bit????

We need some closer shots to give some good advice on how to improve this.

Right now I'm not too keen.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

well the name was something that was coined in the creation of the costume and the box was just to cover the exposed electronics and track guide for the blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisas1979 View Post
    Jedi Assasin.... Really.
    Dident have to make it sound like that.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalema View Post
    The rest looks ok, but the box IMO ruins it, it's just so big.
    agreed - it needs a bit of streamlining.

yeah the issue as to that was just a bit of recycling. I had little time to redo a second box for the pictured version (was on a tight deadline for a convention) but the third one would be drastically streamlined and improved on a lot of points.

The points that I have noted would be a change of activation (instead of going over a lever switch it'll touch plates), it'll have some cell batteries instead of AAs and definitly have a cleaner look since I have plenty of time to build the 3rd version. The box would also be much smaller to accomodate the improvements that I've listed for the next version that'll be built.
    Last edited by Dalesabers; 10-11-2010 at 10:27 AM.

so does the saber detatch from the deployment device for normal saber use?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    best blaster refracting emitter... 450 Imperial Credits
    custom quadrinineum crystal... 1020 Imperial Credits
    droxsus catheum power cell... 400 Imperial Credits

knowing you just built the most awesome saber... priceless. there are some things money can't buy for everything else. there's the Master Imperial Credit card.

It has some promise, but only the Sith would use something like that for assassinations. I'd be curious to see the final outcome.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Danz409 View Post
    so does the saber detatch from the deployment device for normal saber use?
    no the blade is permantly attached in this version. The next one will have a removeable blade.

Quote Originally Posted by forgetful jedi knight View Post
    It has some promise, but only the Sith would use something like that for assassinations. I'd be curious to see the final outcome.
    We thought about that and went into the classification that he'd fall under the Jensaari order but since they were indocturned into the NJO, we decided to keep it classfied as a jedi character.