Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: wiring av switch help

Ari,

I honestly don't know. I don't know how the hasbro boards work. He could try it, but it's only 99 cents for a 5 pack of resistors from Radio Shack vs. $16.00 for a new AV switch with a working LED.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

very true ill try it and let u know how i faired out

Quote Originally Posted by ari-jaq xulden View Post
    I am not sure if he needs one with this setup.Isn't the positive led from the board already restored for 20ma?
    I believe Ari is correct on this one. If you have a multimeter, it would be very easy to just double check. BTW, the way this is currently wired up, the LED in the switch will also flicker along with the rest of the saber when it is struck.
    LOCKHEED

got my wiring correct now ....wired pos and neg from switch to board ....flickers when struck ...very cool ...

ok other question since we are talkin about av switches here ....if have a latching switch with no sound board how do you turn the switch led off when you turn the switch off

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

the AV switches are DPDT - do you have anything wired to the second poles? you could wire the LED through that so that it turns off when the switch is off.

For that set up it is easier to just run the same wires for the main led and just resistor the negative to the switch led. As described here. You can also replace the buck with a resistor for the direct drive.

*puts away spoon*

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.