Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: wiring av switch help

Default wiring av switch help

i believe somewhere that i've got my wiring crossed that the led on the switch stays continouslly on

+ to the battery
    - to the battery
    switch wire A to NC1
    switch wire B to C1

using this switch

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/DP...itch-P411.aspx

with a obi wan 2010 board

any help would be appreciated since i've searched and only found shadars diagram ...thanx

Jin,

From what you described, it would stay on all the time, because you have the LED directly connected to the battery. What do you want to happen?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

What you want is the switch wires to go to the NO1 and C1, or NO2 and C2. Also the + and - to the battery is fine, if you have a recharge port with a kilkey. If you want it to come on with the saber though, you either need to run it from the same source as the main led of the saber(resistored), or from the led sources from the board.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Jin,

Do you have a wiring diagram? Ideally what you want is to not have the battery going directly to the LED leads. I'm not sure that the wires for the switch will have enough juice to run the LED. Depending on how you have things wired, a little creative wiring may be needed.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

the only one that i found was the one that shadar had posted and it was a might confusing

Jin,

Ari is right the switch wires need to be in NO1 and C1 or NO2 and C2 - and also has a great way to wire the LED off of your main LED. What I would do is run them in parallel, this way you can put the right resistor on the switch LED so you don't fry it (like I accidentally did once). The LEDs on the switch are fairly easy to fry!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

I just read your other post, and realized your using a transistor. The transistor is using up all your -'s from the board. Try this setup, unless someone could point out why it wouldn't work.
    Last edited by Ari-Jaq Xulden; 10-09-2010 at 07:12 PM.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Jin and Ari,

This should work - just don't forget the resistor for the switch LED! Let us know how you made out. I'm only use to working with CF boards.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 10-09-2010 at 07:15 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

I am not sure if he needs one with this setup.Isn't the positive led from the board already restored for 20ma?
    Last edited by Ari-Jaq Xulden; 10-09-2010 at 07:19 PM.