Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Led Blade Holders

Any ETA for the sink tube hilt kits? That's the one thing (besides the machined covertech knob) not currently listed on CSS that I need for my saber.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yes, I have been waiting for them to come back in stock. If I were Tim I'd be stocking up majorly on those holders because I bet they will go like hot pancakes at an IHOP on Sundays.[]

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Ha! That's the truth...I've already got all the other pieces needed.... I just keep staring at the pieces and waiting for those holders to come back in stock...yeah, they'll go REAL fast I bet!

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

What it looks like I will be offering atleast to start is a adapter that makes the modular hilt blade holders and end caps work on the sink tubes. Image a 1.5" section cut off of the modular hilt. Will this work for you guys?

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Do you mean an adapter that will allow us to screw/unscrew a modular blade holder to a sink pipe? If so, I think thats a great idea so people can choose to get the screw on or bolt on style-you will be getting the old bolt on style back in some time as well, right? And if the adapters allow for screw on/off end caps as well, I love it! It would be much nicer to have easily/quickly removable pommels as well.

Cain

***It is now that we battle.When you die, await my arrival in the afterlife where we will battle again.Perhaps there you may have the ability to defeat me,but not here,not now,not this day.So let us part with words and embrace the blade.***

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Would this be mating with a sink tube in sort of the same way it fits on top of the screw in middle section? or will it still be able to fit inside the sink tube?

I think I could work with it either way though. I actually hoped I could make the emitter actually be the blade holder but you'd never know because I wanted to add parts to it.

EDIT: scaarmor kind of beat me to it.[]

<center>

Here is what it would look like.

[img]../scripts/ADAPTER.jpg[/img]

(A) would be the part the sink tube would fit over it will also have 2 pre drilled and threaded holes on either side for mounting if you choose to use them.

(B) would be the standard LED, EL, or end caps that are made for the modular hilt system

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Okay an odd question/request since you don't know my design but... Could this coupler be made to fit the 1.25" sink tube too?

I intentionally want the holder to overlap that 1/8" over on either side. Basically the idea I'm thinking of has the 1.25" sink tube being the inner tube. Then my shroud and grip area would be made out of the 1.5" sink tube. The shroud is going to go over the blade holder partly on one side. My idea would look perfectly if that coupler you make could work with the 1.25" diameter also. If not I'll just wait for the normal one to come in stock and work it out from there.

P.S.- If pictures would help I'll scan the drawings of my idea.

<center>

Sure..scan away

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It's just an exploratory sketch but the red hatched area would be the blade holder. I planned on cutting a bit off of the top of it. Hopefully you can see how if it coupled with the 1.25" tube how it would make this idea much easier.

<center>