Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Invisas's Sith Saber

Default Invisas's Sith Saber

Hi guys, been a little while since I put somethin new up here. This saber is another one designed by me and built to spec by JQ sabers. This design was originally intended for the TCSS saber comp but I couldn't get the parts modded in time for it and put it on the back burner until two weeks ago.

All MHS with some mods to parts, a canabalised Luke ANH hilt for the emmiter and clamp, crystal chamber and Ultrasound 2.5 board powering the 10watt Ledengine red and 1w lux inside the crystal chamber.

I left a taster in my Dark Lord Rising costume thread.

No name to this as such, so it'll be known as Darth Invisas's saber.

Without further ado...

I'll have some more pics in a few days.

Enjoy
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

First thought that came to my head when I saw the first pic: WOW!

The design is awesome, the weathering is perfect, what I really like about this one is the painted bubblestrip, weathering and clamp position.

But where is the power jack / how does an US drive a 10 W LEDengin?

care to elaborate on the weathering technique?
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalema View Post
    First thought that came to my head when I saw the first pic: WOW!

The design is awesome, the weathering is perfect, what I really like about this one is the painted bubblestrip, weathering and clamp position.

But where is the power jack / how does an US drive a 10 W LEDengin?
    There is no power Jack, I like being able to get to the batteries. Not all the dies are in use, just three, so the two trustfires power it on the LUX V setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadar Al'Niende View Post
    care to elaborate on the weathering technique?
    Paint, rubbing, scuffing and sanding as far as I know.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

That's a good lookin' hilt.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Furthest reaches of the Galaxy (Scotland)

Looks good, I like it alot

That's exactly what I think of when I picture a weathered saber in my head. Incredible!

Very Very cool! Yet another saber showing you've got great taste and ideas for styling sabers. Not sure why you'd have the cells removable if they're rechargeable. Looks very much like a starkiller inspired original to state the obvious. I think I like yours better though.

Very nice, I love the layering and shroud. It keeps an original SW feel and proves to be very unique simultaneously. Beautifully industrial crystal chamber, reminds me of a furnace & stove pipe

Quote Originally Posted by ARKM View Post
    That's a good lookin' hilt.
    Cheers ARKM just need a blade plug for it......

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrs1 View Post
    Looks good, I like it alot
    Thanks dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    Very Very cool! Yet another saber showing you've got great taste and ideas for styling sabers. Not sure why you'd have the cells removable if they're rechargeable. Looks very much like a starkiller inspired original to state the obvious. I think I like yours better though.
    Thanks, I'm better a designing than making at the moment and due to a massive lack in work space, tools etc, it won't be until I buy a house (with a garage) next year that I'll start really getting into saber building. Until then I'm dabbling and learning.

The reason behind wanting to be able to get at the cells is in case something goes wrong I can do it myself with al little fuss as possible. There's a method to my madness see.

It's a hash up really, my initial thought was what saber would Ben Skywalker have had he turned to the dark side. I think this fits that bill.

It's a mix of Mara, Starkiller and Luke ANH and something of a K3GR1 with the choke in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by RevengeoftheSeth View Post
    That's exactly what I think of when I picture a weathered saber in my head. Incredible!
    Cheers, me too.

Kudos to Daren at JQ, this was one of, if not his first attempt at weathering for a customers saber.

Quote Originally Posted by Kastor View Post
    Very nice, I love the layering and shroud. It keeps an original SW feel and proves to be very unique simultaneously. Beautifully industrial crystal chamber, reminds me of a furnace & stove pipe
    Funny, the layering effect was an after effect of turning down the MHS to fit inside the cannibalized Luke ANH hilt and the clamp being put in that spot at the top. I love how it turned out.

Yes I was going for something of a original SW saber but a bit different.

The Crystal Chamber I'm really pleased with, I like the double male with slots but felt it needed a larger viewing port, the bigger crystal also looks far better than a thinner one which was in there, though I can't take credit for that, it was Daren at JQ's idea to swap it out, as was having a 1w lux in there to light it.
    Last edited by Invisas1979; 10-08-2010 at 03:59 AM.