Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shadar's "Agony"

Default Shadar's "Agony"

Helllloooooooo Saberland

This Build has been a very long time in coming with many many many challenges. It also, thankfully, presents some firsts which I am pleased with. Thanks to all who helped me out on this wonderful saber. You may find the build log for this saber here.

I will give you a brief backstory, to help you understand the "theme" of this saber. This saber belongs to a Royal leader turned Sith. I wanted sleek, elegant yet deadly elements to this saber that might fit royalty. I also found that the ventress board was somewhat quiet and kept it this way so that it would give a stealthy feel to it. Without further ado, I present to you, AGONY...

Some quick Speqs...

P4 Red Main LED
    Modified MHS parts (BH 13, DF 7")
    Recharge Port
    4x AAA NiMH Rechargeable Custom Pack
    Crystal Chamber (acrylic crystal, custom built chassis)
    PLI
    Accent LED's with Chrome Housing
    Ventress FX Sound board
    Custom Claw (Design cue taken from Master Jeyde's build "Jeyde's Fury")
    Trans White 28" Blade with ~4' of Polyp
    Modified Tip Mirror to allow for illuminated Tip.

Here are some additional images

Finally, a couple of videos:

Last edited by Shadar Al'Niende; 10-07-2010 at 06:30 AM.
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Awesome saber. Definitely kinda "royal" with the brass crystal chamber and all that..

All in all, a wonderful weapon.

Excellent work.

(Oh and I really like the way you setup the first 9 pics, awesome idea!)

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

definitely a beauty. i could see using a bit of gold filigree inlay to make it a bit more royal, but this would be a lot more usable. ^_^ the claw on it really adds a tastefully wicked aura to it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalema View Post
    (Oh and I really like the way you setup the first 9 pics, awesome idea!)
    Not my idea... i stole it (ok, so i didn't exactly steal it... its defintely got my own flavor... but i got it from threads like this one)

Quote Originally Posted by equinox13 View Post
    definitely a beauty. i could see using a bit of gold filigree inlay to make it a bit more royal, but this would be a lot more usable. ^_^ the claw on it really adds a tastefully wicked aura to it too.
    Thanks! I really wanted to do something a little "extra" ^^
    Last edited by Shadar Al'Niende; 10-07-2010 at 10:52 AM.

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Furthest reaches of the Galaxy (Scotland)

Looks great, glad to see you finally got it finished, I likes it alot

Awesome! You got all them LEDs up in there and it works. And I mean that on a few levels..lol. The PLI and clamp "reveal" chamber are an excellent idea and really make this saber stand out. Great job on the thorough post too. The first nine pics was a great idea.

I do have to ask what did you modify on the BH?

Well done shad, you've a great saber there.

Must have taken quite a bit of still in the Fu Cram department.

Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrs1 View Post
    Looks great, glad to see you finally got it finished, I likes it alot
    Thanks, I am glad to have it finished too

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    Awesome! You got all them LEDs up in there and it works. And I mean that on a few levels..lol. The PLI and clamp "reveal" chamber are an excellent idea and really make this saber stand out. Great job on the thorough post too. The first nine pics was a great idea.

I do have to ask what did you modify on the BH?
    Just some drilling and tapping of the BH, first time doing so and using a Drill press. Nothing Major.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisas1979 View Post
    Well done shad, you've a great saber there.

Must have taken quite a bit of still in the Fu Cram department.

Yes, I don't know if there is anything i cannot Cram-Fu now... there were a total of 16 wires (26 guage) two accent led's and an illuminated AV switch in ~1" of MHS parts...

Thanks again guys!

The claw and the dragon head it's attached to don't really go well with this hilt. Other than that, it's a great looking saber. Nice job.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Great job, Shadar. Wonderful workmanship and a story to support the build. A lot of trial and error went into this build, and I think it is much better for it.