Thread: PC-L & Rebel K2 Questions

Default PC-L & Rebel K2 Questions

I managed to track down a special binned rebel star using the K2 emitter. I pretty much know the PC-L manual inside and out but I'm a bit confused on the LED parameters. The calculation given makes perfect sense:

n = .15 x current (A) x 1024 / 3.3

The board is capable of driving up to 1.5A (1500mA) but the voltage is set at 3.3, correct?

According to the specs on the K2, to drive it at 700mA, a minimum Vf is around 3.0 but the "typical" is listed at 3.6. To drive it at 1000mA (max is 1500mA but I'm not going to ramp it up that much) the Vf is 3.03 with "typical" being 3.72.

Since 3.3 is above the minimum, I should be good with setting the LED to 47 (46.545 = .15 x 1 x 1024 / 3.3), correct? It isn't the typical Vf but pretty darn close.

If I am incorrect, please let me know.

CF/PC senses the voltage required. All you need to worry about is the current.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

You also need to have a supply voltage 1 volt over the vf (4.5). This is why a 7.4v Li ion pack is recommended. That and the sound will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    You also need to have a supply voltage 1 volt over the vf (4.5). This is why a 7.4v Li ion pack is recommended. That and the sound will be better.
    Yep, I'm using a dual 18650 pack at 7.4.

Glad to know my plans are correct.