Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Luke ROTJ Hero Style RGBA color-changing

I thought the V1 has the hero box, and the V3 has the graflex clamp.
    I don't know, maybe Caine can chime in

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Cool hilt.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Good job cramming all that stuff in there. Looks really good. Win.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Thorn View Post
    I did put 1.5-Ohm resistors on the red and amber. This seemed to provide the best balance between brightness and decent blends of colors.
    You can use a diode instead. Thats what was done on this saber if I am not mistaken. Its mentioned in the youtube comments. http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=8379

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post

Correct on both. The Korbanth LS6's came as V3's with the Graflex clamp. It's cool to see more of these turned into Heros, though. (The V3 is supposed to be a little weathered anyway if you want prop accuracy)

If only those Korbanth's could be dueled with and made to fit a 1" blade.

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

That is a remarkable looking saber. The color switch is in the PERFECT spot, IMO. It reminds me of the recently released clip shown at C5 of Luke assembling his new lightsaber in ROTJ and sliding the clamp shut.

Great job, my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    Yeah, that was my mistake. Now fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by vargose View Post
    You can use a diode instead. Thats what was done on this saber if I am not mistaken. Its mentioned in the youtube comments. http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=8379
    Thanks. I'll have to PM Logan and ask what kind of diode he used and how. It's too late for this one, but since I like working with multi-color LEDs...
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine Drathul View Post
    Correct on both. The Korbanth LS6's came as V3's with the Graflex clamp. It's cool to see more of these turned into Heros, though. (The V3 is supposed to be a little weathered anyway if you want prop accuracy)

If only those Korbanth's could be dueled with and made to fit a 1" blade.
    I wonder if anyone has done a major mod on this hilt to make it both more screen accurate and accommodate a 1" blade. It should be possible, though it would be a lot of work. You would basically have to make the entire emitter section from scratch.
    Quote Originally Posted by RevengeoftheSeth View Post
    That is a remarkable looking saber. The color switch is in the PERFECT spot, IMO. It reminds me of the recently released clip shown at C5 of Luke assembling his new lightsaber in ROTJ and sliding the clamp shut.

Great job, my friend!
    Thank you, Sir. Would that be this prop?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG25k-jw8Yw
    I seem to remember Hamill saying that he had no recollection of shooting such a scene. Did they actual show footage of Hamill building his saber at C5? Either way, the prop in this video is sweet. I wonder if it was actually made for ROTJ. I've never seen it anywhere else.

A couple of people have asked me about how I wired it. Here's a diagram. (Clash sensor and speaker are left out, since they are hooked up in the standard way.)
    There's always a bigger fish.

I really like this build. Seeing your ability to cram all that gives me some confidence in a planned project.

Quote Originally Posted by Er Dan Gill View Post
    I really like this build. Seeing your ability to cram all that gives me some confidence in a planned project.
    The 6-wire slip ring made it a lot easier. It's nice to be able to twist the grenade section off and on without worrying about connections snapping! These are ideal for MHS builds, IMHO. Best thing since sliced bread. (Or should I say "buttered toast"?)
    Last edited by Matt Thorn; 10-07-2010 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Fixed link!
    There's always a bigger fish.

The link isn't working for me. But I googled and searched a bit, those WILL be used in my next few builds. Thanks!