Thread: New saber, WIP

Default New saber, WIP

Mods...somehow I posted in the wrong area...can you please move this thread to the Gallery?
    =-=
    I have yet to give this saber a name, but here is my WIP thus far.

Parts list:

1 x 1" Thick walled Polycarbonate 40" long (will be cut down to ~ 36'')
    1 x 40" LED blade diffuser for 1" thick walled blades
    1 x Shouldered 1" thick walled blade tip with reflective disc
    1 x 7" Fluted with guarded style switch hole
    1 x MPS Pommel style 4
    1 x Screw on LED blade holder style 8
    1 x Seoul P4 (Green)
    1 x Luxeon III/V Lens Holder
    1 x Luxeon Collimator Lens 5 deg viewing angle
    1 x JST connectors
    1 x Machined button for Covertec clip
    1 x Yoda FX sound board (using existing battery-speaker/board canister and latching switch)
    1 x PVC or metallic piping overlay

Thus far, I have finished all soldering necessary for the saber (redid some soldering points and re-wrapped some of them in new heatshrink). Drilled the mounting hole points to hold the sound board housing in place,and drilled out the section for the latching switch. Need to clean that up, but should be cleaned out by proxy when I utilize an outter sheat/overlay to finish up the saber.

Need to actually lock the top of the board housing into place better, which should be easily accomplished using an outter sheath like I planned.

Need to still design the outter sheath and polish the main body up, as well as decide where to drill the hole for the blade retention screw (more than likely will use a better looking thumb screw for easy access...that's what she said!).

Here are some pics of the WIP and original design (MHS) with thread hints on for reference. You can follow my progress in betwixt posts this month over on my JIRA installation http://jediman.no-ip.com:8080/browse/SW

Last edited by ThreeQuadFive; 10-06-2010 at 10:40 AM.
    Momma in law: If this printer keeps printing the same thing I'm going to spit nickles!

Me: if you start spitting nickles I'm coming over with a bucket!