Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 18650 protection circuit board

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

Default 18650 protection circuit board

since i have a stock of perfectly good 18650 unprotected Li-Ions, i was looking at some PCBs for them and ran across this gem. i was wondering if anyone knew anything about the LED output on it or if anyone had used it before. is the 'gas gauge' LED for an LED bar graph or for a single LED to say that the battery HAS a good charge? thanks.

Li-Ion 18650 PCB

thats the one i use

If it could run an actual gas gauge that would make an awesome steampunk pommel.

hey thats a great idea, i have some electric fuel gauges that are small enough to go in a pommel

Quote Originally Posted by equinox13 View Post
    since i have a stock of perfectly good 18650 unprotected Li-Ions, i was looking at some PCBs for them and ran across this gem. i was wondering if anyone knew anything about the LED output on it or if anyone had used it before. is the 'gas gauge' LED for an LED bar graph or for a single LED to say that the battery HAS a good charge? thanks.

Li-Ion 18650 PCB
    Is this the info you are looking for?
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

that should be about it, but for an 11.1V pack. i'll run the calculations for using 7.4 and use a resistor that will cut the one LED i'll be using to drop off when it gets so low. thanks Shadar Al'Niende.

@jjshumpert & Crystal Chambers - that WOULD be awesome. and if you have a decent servo in the gauge, all the better. lol now i want to pull out one of the meters in our HPAs at work. ^_^ they're a bit big either way, but still. a thought on the electric gas gauge though... you'll likely have to make a new face for it to get the needle to line up right with the voltage levels. but that would give you a chance to make it more steampunk anyway, right? ^_^

dang... now you have me thinking...

yeah sounded good, but on the gauges i have the voltage requirements are a bit too high to work in our aplications. really a shame too cause the size was spot on to fit with mhs pommel 1

Too high to move the gauge? Needs more power to run it? If so it would be cool if you could tweak it to make it work. I've been thinking about those gauges for steampunk for a while but finding a way to make it work, or finding the right one seems to be the real trick. You'd need to make a new face for it that labels it as pressure.

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

if you used a Li-Ion and got a really small voltmeter it would work just fine if you resistored it right.

the gauges i tried were made for 12 volt feed was the problem, they are out of my racecar spare parts bin