Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: parksaber add sound board / convert w. sound

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    You can use a single DPDT switch to activate both boards simultaneously. The cheapy Hasbro board uses a momentary switch, so your Parksaber would need to use a momentary switch as well. If one uses a latching and the other uses a momentary, things would get a little more complicated.

Not impossible, just complicated
    Errr i use a latching switch with my cheap hasbro boards...
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"

Ronan, are you using the 2010 Hasbro saber with DVD? I'm looking at my Obi-Wan right now and it's got a momentary switch.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Superblond View Post
    I will get the Star Wars Darth Vader ROTJ Deluxe (s. attached pics)
    - machined Aluminum
    - with removable 36" long blade (phase)
    - red light, LED-Strip (w. 96 LEDs?)
    - function: lights up, down, phase/flicker
    - no sound
    - i read somewhere, because of the small camera accu. battery - CR123 there should enough room for a sound module ...?
    That saber is easily convert-able. I should know because I am the one who does all korbanth conversions. For what you want to do...what is your plan for power? CHeck my section at Fx-sabers (LDMCustomsabers) and you will see a few of them converted.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Default Park saber: 3v battery - CR123 parallel or series -connected

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    That saber is easily convert-able.
    That is very good to read!

For what you want to do...what is your plan for power?
    I really don't know. I learned, that the saber uses 3v battery - CR123. But I don't know how many are used and whether parallel or series-connected !?

Can you give me a advice?

Thanks
    Superblond
    Last edited by Superblond; 10-05-2010 at 07:30 AM.

Default ready-made sound module attached to parksaber (pics)

Hi,

can anyone identify this sound module ?

I guy with nick "alter289" has obviously add a sound board to a park saber.

Is this one a ready-made sound module, I mean ready to use, plug-and-play item?

Thx
    SB

Council Member
    Sith Lord

That is very good to read!

I really don't know. I learned, that the saber uses 3v battery - CR123. But I don't know how many are used and whether parallel or series-connected !?

Can you give me a advice?

Thanks
    Superblond
    You are right it uses (2) CR123 in series. 6V and takes up most of the space. This is why the saber must be converted. 6V CR123's do not provide adequate amperage to run a SB for any legit amount of time. I said it is easily convertible, but what i meant is that it is easily convertible for someone who professionally converts sabers. This will be a challenge for you if it is your first conversion, but just know that it is definitely possible.

Hi,

Thx
    SB
    That is a custom machined sound module. THat fellow must have either made it himself or had it made. Those pictures are pretty old too, but they don't show the soundboard at all and they are of an old Parks EL saber.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    Ronan, are you using the 2010 Hasbro saber with DVD? I'm looking at my Obi-Wan right now and it's got a momentary switch.
    Yes i am. The anakin one.

Already mounted in a lightsaber, its been around 2 month now. TCSS Latching switch used.

Works great.

Switch used: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/SP...tton-P256.aspx
    Last edited by Ronan; 10-05-2010 at 09:42 PM.
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"

Default smallest battery pack 6volt / smallest sound baoard

You are right it uses (2) CR123 in series. 6V and takes up most of the space. [they] do not provide adequate amperage to run a SB for any legit amount of time.
    What could be the better option for a battery pack with 6 volt, smaller and more ampere? What is the recommendation, I mean the reference from you experts?

Can I use the (small?) Hasbro 2010 (DVD) Sound board (get it out from the toy saber) beacause it uses 6v (4 x 1.5 AAA) ?
    Is there a smaller sb that can be used?

I really really like to take the challange and check my skills...!?

Thanks you for your help!
    SB

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Hi,

Thx
    SB

That is a custom machined sound module. THat fellow must have either made it himself or had it made. Those pictures are pretty old too, but they don't show the soundboard at all and they are of an old Parks EL saber.
    That actually looks like an old Lightech Industries sound module that is no longer being made. It has a threaded piece added to it.

These sound modules are completely self-contained, they have their own power source. But you had to turn it on separately, though someone could probably make it work with a single switch for both it and an LED lightsaber.

These sound modules were made for the older tech EL sabers, so they couldn't run on the 9V batteries that EL sabers used. I never thought these sounded that great, anyway, too "electronic" sounding, not like a "real" lightsaber.

I have one of these modules that I never put into an EL saber. Mine is just the sound module itself, without the metal sleeve with the switch and audio output jack mounted on it.

Mine has been sitting in a drawer, forgotten, for 8 years. I came across it again a couple years ago and it's not working right, the sounds aren't "normal" and they occur randomly. I tried new batteries, and it didn't help. So, even though I had good intentions for it, it ended up being a waste of the $55 I paid for it back in 2002.

I found a fairly recent posting by someone who has used one of these, if anyone is interested in reading about it and seeing more pics of the sound module itself:

http://apfoister.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=propel&action=print&thread=5301
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!