Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Using remote control to turn on/off lightsabers.

exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    what i think would be cool, is if you have some way to make your lightsaber have the same magnetic security system as some firearms.

it will only turn on if the weilder is wearing a ring with a certain magnetic fregency(sp?) ...
    To a point... that is precisely what Gundamaniac did with "Obeissance".

Granted... the gig would be "up" if everyone was wearing a magnetic ring... but still. It had to be a fairly STRONG magnetic ring (none of this "tiny discs" inside the inner ring garbage)... I'm talking about something hardcore, like hematite.

Only irony? Hematite is *EXTREMELY* brittle. One wrong move, and it's ashes to ashes, dust to dust...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Only irony? Hematite is *EXTREMELY* brittle. One wrong move, and it's ashes to ashes, dust to dust...
    well, could a stronger metal be cast around it? like a shell?

Probably. There are ways to "secure" one--to a point--but any way you slice it, hematite is prone to destruction.

A coat or three(??) of silicone might do the trick (I remember Erv suggested something like this back in the day when I cared about trying the experiment)... and with any luck, it shouldn't ruin the "range" of the magnetic field.

Sorry to de-rail... I would think this might be for another topic. It's only partially relevant, I suppose.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You can get all kinds of transmitters and receivers combos. You could have the lightsaber in one hand and have the transmitter in your other hand to turn the lightsaber on with out people having a clue how you did it. You could even do some kind of force move (while you press the button with the other hand) to really freak people out. lol

I haven't really looked at the details of these here but it was one of the first when I googled it. http://www.elsema.com/prod-151.htm

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php