Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: saberforge prophecy

Default saberforge prophecy

has anybody ever taken any of these apart to replace the led and the switch
    i noticed that it looks like it is a 1 peice solid hilt. Anybody knows how to get the led and electronics out without destroying the thing would be appreciated
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thats not a Saberforge hilt. It is an Ultrasabers.
    It is a one piece hilt. I think the electronics are glued in, but don't hold me to that. I'm sure someone else that does know will chime in.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

well thats what i was told from the guy that gave it to me for payment ....was wondering if someone knew how to get all the electronics out without damaging it to put in a sound board is all

Remove the pommel....then remove the switch by prying it up with a flat bladed screwdriver, or some other method, since the switch is recessed on the new ones....you'll have to either cut or de-solder the wires on the switch, but then the electronics simply slide out.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

thanks i got it to come out now going to try and replace the switch and do some upgrades to it

I've got one.
    Seems like the led, heatsink and rflector are hot glued inside the hilt, near the emitter.
    It seems like not easy to remove ...

"Un'arma elegante, per tempi pił civilizzati"

Quote Originally Posted by tobu View Post
    I've got one.
    Seems like the led, heatsink and rflector are hot glued inside the hilt, near the emitter.
    It seems like not easy to remove ...
    It is a small section of blade stock that has the heatsink LED and reflector glued inside it... it should just slip out like Jay said....
    Last edited by beggarsoutpost; 10-03-2010 at 05:49 PM.

KI-ADI-MUNDI on FX-SABERS.com

I want to know who sold that to you so I can smack them upside the head for calling an Ultrasaber a Saberforge product.

But anyways, good luck on your upgrade.

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

i got it from a guy as apartial payment for a pvc saber he wanted built....my opinion i got the better deal

With a paint job and maybe some sleeve work, it would be quite nice.
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"